Fair offer?

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A gentleman contacted me out of the blue and offered me $65,500 for my 08 Org/blk coupe with 1060 miles on the clock. Car is perfect. I find I rarely have time to drive it but once a week to keep things lubricated. Fair price or am a foolish for entertaining the offer? Opinions please. Thanks in advance. *****

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a fair wholesale offer. You will find a retail buyer for a few grand more, for sure if it has stripes The market is getting stronger for low mile Gen. 4 cars. But it sounds like an easy sale. Maybe the extra cash is not that important?

Bill

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds about right for the market based on your low mileage. If you could use the $65K in the bank instead of the garage, might be a easy deal!

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did the call come in from Nigeria?

I gotta tell my long lost uncle to stop e-mailing other people about his fortunes before I lose out on the 25 million he promised me in return of the mere 5 thousand to off set transfer costs. He is 1 hell of a guy.

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, not Nigeria. Really don't need the money. Just hate to see the car be just garage furniture. Little time to drive it with my practice. Poor excuse, but true. Thanks for the replies. *****

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't need to sell it just keep it you will find the time sooner or later. I just sold a car I had for 16 years and the day the hauler pick it up I wish I had never sold the car. Even I only drove it less than 100 miles in a year.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought an 08 coupe with similar mileage, stripes for 64k.

There is one out there that is purple with 1000 miles. I haggled the dealer down to 70k, but it ended there. That seems to be the retail dealer market for low mileage 08s. Mid 60s for medium mileage (5000-12000). Low 60s above that.

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I guess I would sell it for $70K but hard to swallow $65k. Besides, it looks good in the garage. Now if someone had an interesting mopar muscle trade I would be motivated. *****.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, why can't you drive it? I drive mine to work several times a week, I run errands, I even drove it to pick up paint at Home Depot. It's always a joy to drive, not comfortable, but a joy.

What is your daily driver? Is it as fun to drive as a Viper? If so, then maybe you should sell the Viper and buy a boat, or something different.

~Jay

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get groceries in mine, if I'm not buying a pile. Although, last time I got carried away, and ended up putting bags in the passenger footwell after the trunk was jammed full.

Had lotsa people looking at me filling it. :D

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid $67.5K retail for an 08 vert retail last August. It had 1800 miles on it. I think you are being offered a fair price.

Cincy

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, guys just call me anal. I have 6 other vehicles I can drive..... Hate to see my viper in the parking lot with all the idiots around. To be truthful I most likely don't drive it as much as I should because I don't like the attention it receives. In my area it stands out like a "sore thumb" and shouts conspicuous consumption to my patients. Lame perhaps, but just saying. Don't need a boat...already have one of those. Thanks for the replies. Think I will keep my Honda Civic for my 1200 mile a week commute and my Chevy pickup for hauling. *****

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, guys just call me anal. I have 6 other vehicles I can drive..... Hate to see my viper in the parking lot with all the idiots around. To be truthful I most likely don't drive it as much as I should because I don't like the attention it receives. In my area it stands out like a "sore thumb" and shouts conspicuous consumption to my patients. Lame perhaps, but just saying. Don't need a boat...already have one of those. Thanks for the replies. Think I will keep my Honda Civic for my 1200 mile a week commute and my Chevy pickup for hauling. *****

I was going to repond on your behalf...... You should be able to do whatever the h$%ll you want to with your car that was purchased with your money.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's low. If you didn't have it up for sale, then obviously you don't "need" to sell it...at least not for that price. If he made you a great offer then that's a different story.

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with you Stranger. It is the same old story.... "I can buy a car like yours for XXXXXX. " Ok then go buy it. "But I like yours better" Ok then pay the asking price. And the hits just keep on coming. Don't need to sell the car. It is paid for. Only entertained selling it as it is currently garage furniture. Don't mean to be truculent but I am amazed at the number of folks that are offended if one chooses not to drive the crap out of MY car. Each to their own. Thank you for the replies.

customryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will sell my perfect red-griffite (1 0f 3) 08 coupe 1170miles for 65K just bought it from past pres of this club... MINT and way more rare than the orange black.. (dont drive it) Just like ***** dont half to sell but i will put it out their this one time...

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, Customryder isn't that the car you just bought after trying to buy my coupe??

customryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it is.. you decited not to sell if my memory is correct.. and as i told you if i bought it (yours) I would play with it 5-6 months and sell.. and you did not seem to like that, but that is your choice and another story.. sorry to intrude on your thred (if you feel that way)

good luck on whatever path you choose. Again as far as mine, I could careless if it sells, Beautiful car!

(and I to have a boat) lol

OP
OP
S

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a problem for me. Just wondering outloud. Glad you got a car to play with for a while. *****.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang