"Fear" of driving a Viper

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you are 100% correct. what is it with these neon kids. well some are done up and pull pretty good but what is up with the attitude. worst than the ***. import kids.

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know i make all my decisions based on what other idiots that i'll never know think about me and/or my car. I would spend thousands too just making sure that they can't tell their retard friends that they chopped a viper. (even though they'll say that anyway). The most important thing to me is being confident that I think that they think im cool and drive a hella fast car, why bother with satisfying myself that it's fast and balanced and i can consistently improve my driving on a racetrack. highway drags is where it's at... yo...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always someone faster ,go to Englishtown NJ on any given test and tune night and you will see kids with 15000.00 heavily modded Mustangs running 9s.Through out the years i have owned Vipers ranging from 400-700hp and have learned one thing- the drivers ability in most cases is far more important than final horsepower numbers.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is always someone faster ,go to Englishtown NJ on any given test and tune night and you will see kids with 15000.00 heavily modded Mustangs running 9s.Through out the years i have owned Vipers ranging from 400-700hp and have learned one thing- the drivers ability in most cases is far more important than final horsepower numbers.

I concur with the the last part.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember ,the Viper was designed in all generations to be a roadrace car first independ suspension ect .In a drag racing senerio cars costing tens of thousands less ,making far less power often beat our Vipers easily.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just yell out the window..."bring that POS to Willow!" I've not seen one yet.

Carl,

Aren't your neighbors sick and tired of hearing that from their driveway every morning?

:rolaugh:

Jay K.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woah that is a good one. it's ok cause my wife won't even drive the m5.

I don't let my wife drive my ACR, Gallardo or Z06. She usually screams at me for going to fast when she even rides with me. :mad: Her MB E500 is more then she can handle.

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it really depends on where you live. I live in a pretty upper middle class part of the East Bay and I rarely get any challenges on the road, people are too mature or busy on their phones. Most people are pretty intimidated by the looks and sound of a Viper and wont bother me. On the occasion I get a guy who's just curious to see if he can keep up with me, but rarely anyone who really wants to race.

My favorite stop light moment was at a three lane light... randomly I pull up to a red next to a Gallardo and a Dinan M3... The guy in the Gallardo was with some chick so he held off so he wouldn't get embarrassed (I'm guessing he wasn't a very experienced driver). Nothing happened, but it was a pretty freak occurrence to have those three cars randomly at the same stop light.

Anyway, get some sticky tires (PS2s or better) and the Viper is a breeze to drive on the street. It's when you start trying to find it's limits that requires a lot of skill and can be scary/exhilarating. Best to do that at the track where you're not going to endanger anyone else on the road while you learn your car. My 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi