feel like i violated a ******!

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 GTS had 7700 miles on her when I picked her up in April. I'm about 10 miles shy of 10k now. I figure the previous owners managed about 550 miles per year. Be nice if I could stay below 5500 ;-) Oh well, I guess I bought her to drive her.

I'm eager to see how she responds to some cooler/denser air. Most of my Viper ownership time has been in this ridiculously hot Texas summer. cooler air is rolling in now :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
gtex said: "I'm eager to see how she responds to some cooler/denser air. Most of my Viper ownership time has been in this ridiculously hot Texas summer. cooler air is rolling in now"

The answer will be MORE HORSEPOWER and LESS TRACTION !!! Have fun and be careful !! :)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your doing it right! These cars belong on the open roads. Put like 2300 miles on mine in 6 months this year.
And that's in crappy Ohio weather :)
Glad to see your car ended up in good hands! :2tu:

Adam2003

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '03 in June with 1,556 miles on her. By end of first summer..... Almost 6K :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where you at, man? I'm getting ready to move to Manchaca and Slaughter. I'm in Kyle now.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

"Not putting miles on your car, is like not doing your girlfriend, so she'll be good for the next guy"

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: Keep violating that ******, I bet she likes!

Do her right and she will come back for more until your weak in the knees and your back is beyond sore. I love breaking in Virgins.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: Keep violating that ******, I bet she likes!

Do her right and she will come back for more until your weak in the knees and your back is beyond sore. I love breaking in Virgins.

Break her in right... and she's begging for more! We're talking about cars and not women right....? Haha.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 GTS had 7700 miles on her when I picked her up in April. I'm about 10 miles shy of 10k now. I figure the previous owners managed about 550 miles per year. Be nice if I could stay below 5500 ;-) Oh well, I guess I bought her to drive her.

I'm eager to see how she responds to some cooler/denser air. Most of my Viper ownership time has been in this ridiculously hot Texas summer. cooler air is rolling in now :)

Congrats man..!! Low miles just means it's like new for you...:headbang:

FWIW.... It has been my experience that low mile Gen 2s sometimes still have their original tires. Those tires are 14 or so years old....:omg:. The Texas heat will warm those "antiques" and give you the feeling that the tires are fine...

Now that it is cooler, the tires won't heat up and they will remain hard and brittle...

Old tires + cold weather + Viper = Disaster....

Now drive it like you stole it....:D

OP
OP
G

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
already did new michelins at all four corners :)

Congrats man..!! Low miles just means it's like new for you...:headbang:

FWIW.... It has been my experience that low mile Gen 2s sometimes still have their original tires. Those tires are 14 or so years old....:omg:. The Texas heat will warm those "antiques" and give you the feeling that the tires are fine...

Now that it is cooler, the tires won't heat up and they will remain hard and brittle...

Old tires + cold weather + Viper = Disaster....

Now drive it like you stole it....:D

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean, my 97' that I bought in April had 19k, I've put 2k on it since.
It's meant to be driven, I didnt buy a viper just so i could say.. hey, i own a viper.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

gtex, I bought mine 1 year ago this month & it had 7,900 miles on it. Well needless to say about a week 1/2 ago I hit 10k & it liked to have killed me, but it gets a lot easier now the violating's over with. I'm up to around 10,220 & let's just say that lil' ****** is a grown woman now & it's time to drive her like she was meant to be (at least that's what everybody always tells me). Lol!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gtex, I bought mine 1 year ago this month & it had 7,900 miles on it. Well needless to say about a week 1/2 ago I hit 10k & it liked to have killed me, but it gets a lot easier now the violating's over with. I'm up to around 10,220 & let's just say that lil' ****** is a grown woman now & it's time to drive her like she was meant to be (at least that's what everybody always tells me). Lol!

10K is craddle robbing, she's not a woman till she hits 20K.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960