Fergy's crash at Hallett and Viper Cup Race videos

OP
OP
F

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Springs are cheap. I don't know how you drive (other than you like to roll it from time to time :)), but I'm betting you'll need heavier springs especially if your wing and splitter are close to as functional as my setup from Woodhouse.

Once you have your motons on, then think about how the car is handling on corner entry, mid corner, and then corner exit. This will help you figure out if you need more or less compression and/or rebound and if it should be applied in the front or rear or both. Start out with a middle setting for your motons. Do you have the club sport or motorsports?

OP
OP
F

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, also make sure your canisters have nitrogen in them. I had that problem when I first had the motons installed. The canisters were empty and I pretty quickly damanged the shocks and had to have them rebuilt. Put about 165 to 175 lbs in the canisters to start with and then you can tweak from there.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with the clubsports.

I'll be bringing them to Blackdog racing, our local race shop to have the car 4 cornered and aligned. I'll make sure they double check the shocks. Then I plan to warm it up for a few weekends at autobahn before I do a few weekends up at road america.

I should have some good video footage as well.

Right now I'm working on fitting a race seat in the car. Its tough with the door panels on as the shoulder blades touch. I'm gathering info that I want to share but the racing section here is so empty, and I feel if I post it in the ge3-4 section it will just be lost.

OP
OP
F

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, with club sports start of with the settigs on 3 on compression and rebound and 170 PSI on the canister pressure. You can adjust from there once you get the car on the track.

I put in a Cobra Evolution S race seat in my car. Cobra Seats. Test one out and see if you like it. It's a tight fit but it will fit. If you like it, I'll let you have mine for $150 plus shipping. They're about $900 new and mine is about a year old and in good condition.

I don't check the forums much if at all. I come and post interesting race videos from time to time but there are so few people that race their vipers it's more for fun for them to see some crazy dude actually interested in getting rubber stuck to his hood and some scratches from debris and an occasional off. :) So, feel free to send me an email to [email protected] if you ever want to run a question by me... If I don't know, I know plenty of people that do.

I've mostly been using my youtube page for my racing and I'll continue to use it, but I just started my racing blog at Craftlogic Software Racing Blog | Everyone behind me is an incredibly talented driver – Everyone in front of me is cheating!. Check it out. Not much yet but I'll add to it as time goes by.

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there, Dave. Well, you know, I was never in fear of my safety. I remember clearly while I was sliding toward the wall yelling profanities saying to myself, "Damn! This is going to be expensive!" and I was right. :)

BTW, missed you at Hallett. I assume we'll see you at Spring Mountain?

Fergy, Indeed, I plan to be at Spring Mountain. I look forward to catching up!

OP
OP
F

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's getting really close! If all continues as planned, it will be ready and tested at Pocono.

Well, I'm going to miss Pocono and Miller. I'm likely to miss Spring Mountain too but we'll see... Be careful! :)

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Did I notice your elbow leaning in the passenger door????? Did you have both hands on the steering wheel? Glad you were OK I watched every bit of your off track and went holy sh-t that was a hard hit, good thing you were using your rubbers:)

OP
OP
F

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Did I notice your elbow leaning in the passenger door????? Did you have both hands on the steering wheel? Glad you were OK I watched every bit of your off track and went holy sh-t that was a hard hit, good thing you were using your rubbers:)

I was texting... I'm glad you got to watch from the stands but I bet you wished you were out there with me. Next time you can ride ***** if you like. If you'd been in the car with me, maybe I'd had plenty of grip on that right rear tire... :)

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to miss Pocono and Miller. I'm likely to miss Spring Mountain too but we'll see... Be careful! :)

I certainly will do my best to keep the car on the pavement! I think if my last encounter was cushioned by tires I would not have missed an event. However, concrete just simply wins every time!