Ferrari Days at Summit Point

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
July 21 and 22 Ferrari of Washington is hosting an event at Summit Point Raceway on the main track. I've signed up for the 21st. I've never been to one of their events, but I'm told they do everything first class. Cost is $275 with breakfast and lunch provided. They probably even have a butler or two to hold your helmet for you.

They want more cars and are happy to have Vipers in the mix.

To sign up and get more info, go to The Complete Experience of contact Redding Finney ([email protected]).

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tech Inspection info:

This track is right near the VA/WV border. Don't let the VA/MD/DE region show up you guys from the PA/WV region.

A tech inspection is required either at the track or before you get to the track. If you do it at the track, you risk F-mechanics not passing your car.

Best thing is to get your local Viper Tech to do a sign off on this track inspection form and make sure you bring the form to the track. http://www.fwash.com/tce/pdf/inspection.pdf

Also, print this grid inspection form and keep it in your car at the track: http://www.fwash.com/tce/pdf/grid.pdf

More info about sign up, directions, rules, etc is available at: The Complete Experience

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I would have a differential in my car, this would be a great track to have some fun...
This *****....

Have fun, I may end up there with my 300 as a spectator.

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was a great day and you missed out on a lot of fun. Stock Ferraris, Lambos, and Masers can't keep pace with a stock Viper. I got promoted up into the racer class where all cars were supposed to have full cages, Nomex fire suits, and other race-ready gear. I didn't have it but they needed to make space in the mid-level class. In the racer class I ran against cars with full on race suspensions, engine mods, and the ultimate advanatge - DRIVER'S WITH SKILL. This class had Porsche GT3s,M3s, Vettes, and 2 Ferraris. I got killed except on the straights where Viper HP could overcome driver skill.

My best day at the track ever and I definitely improved. Tons of fun until the final session when my power-steering pump blew a seal. I managed to limp home.

Next Ferrari day isn't announced yet but it should be three days in late October.

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has the track been fixed yet ????

Well...yes and no. They have done some patching over the ruts in turns 1, 5, and 6. But the patches are not nearly as smooth as they should be and I believe the patching material they used is black ice.

My back end kicked out several times when on the patches so I still had to find a line that is less than ideal.