Few questions about viper before I order one

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, hell.....if you went to 'Ford Dealership NASCAR Driving School', then you will surely not have any issue driving a Viper in any conditions......

Really, from the get go you are asking how a car, that is just now being delivered to customers, will act when driving in extreme cold conditions. Who do you figure will be able to get you an answer other than pure speculation ? Ask these questions after next winter and you may be getting some real life feedback.

Are you on the Vette forums asking those guys how the new ZR1 will be acting in the cold conditions as well ??

You keep insisting on bringing up your Shelby as a comparison yet seem to fail to realize that these are two completely different vehicles. The Shelby is an overpowered muscle car (and I like that for what it is) and the Viper is a extremely capable high performance car.

For some reason you have it in your mind that it will be such an easy car to drive. I am not sure where you are getting this idea from. As suggested before, if you can not get to drive in a Gen V then try to get a ride in a Gen IV. You would get a first hand experience on how mind blowing these machines are.

Then when you have that behind you, you will be able to take in the feedback from all those that are now getting theirs V's and comparing them to the IV's they have or had. This will get you a better idea of the differences.

Bottom line is that you need to get behind the wheel (or passenger seat) of a Viper....any Viper, so that you quit making all these assumptions on how you think these car work based on what you 'have heard' or read.

Matt
Well put A buddy of mine here in NJ owned a large dealership dedicated to high perf .The man raced super stock cars in the 60s and had a ton of seat time in every gen Viper .A few years ago he was pulling out on the highway (Gen 2 demo )morning dew , cold road, cold Pilots = totaling Viper out of nowhere (thank God he was fine )Every mag road test ever written proclaims the Viper is unlike any car on the road beware of the snake it can bite you In the above case the car got loose (temperatures involved )just pulling out on the highway .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its easy to tell when a newer ,more powerful generation of Viper comes out here in NJ simply check the auto body shops that do high end work and guaranteed you will see one in there.The first year the Gen 4 came out John Bodys Unlimited (did all of Buhlers work )had a different car in there monthly .The reason was always the same =driver lost control under acceleration.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good driver will know their vehicle limits on a given surface, and will have a sense of what to expect based on differing road and weather conditions. If all you ever do is putt around like granny then you'll have no sense of what your vehicle will do if it catches you off guard. You should know how to react if the driving situation catches you off guard because if you don't your chances to wreck while driving slowly are just as high as they would be if you were driving carelessly.

Oh yea I played around with it in the cold. Don't worry. But it is always better to not put yourself in those situations to begin with.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea I played around with it in the cold. Don't worry. But it is always better to not put yourself in those situations to begin with.
Grap one now (you will have seat time come winter )Your welcome to come to Englishtown NJ to get the car professionally drag tested and put in a MAGAZINE( Accordingly you can be the first Gen 5 in the 10s totally stock.) McMullen Argus (Mopar Perf ,Super Chev,y Muscle Mustang And Fast Ford )usually has a few private track testing days there every summer if you come I get it tested no problem .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps the invite goes to any Gen 5 owner as well .Really interested to see the perf differences regarding the 5

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand everyone griping about people wrecking older vipers. HELLO IT HAS NO TRACTION OR STABILITY CONTROL OF COURSE IT IS EASIER TO WRECK WHEN NOTHING IS THERE TO SAVE YOU. All I am hearing from this arguments is that the TC and stability control is useless and gimmick in this new viper which anyone who believes that is an idiot. It plays a huge part in making all of these super cars driver friendly. If I take the TC and stability control off on the shelby it is a crazy handful. I can't even imagine how a viper feels without any of that. That was the whole problem with all previous vipers and why they didn't sell many. Now they changed that with this new one. They are trying to get out of that old view of people thinking this car is going to kill you every chance it gets. That isn't fun for anyone. And anyone who argues this point is wrong because there are countless interviews where Ralph says that was the goal of the new gen.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand everyone griping about people wrecking older vipers. HELLO IT HAS NO TRACTION OR STABILITY CONTROL OF COURSE IT IS EASIER TO WRECK WHEN NOTHING IS THERE TO SAVE YOU. All I am hearing from this arguments is that the TC and stability control is useless and gimmick in this new viper which anyone who believes that is an idiot. It plays a huge part in making all of these super cars driver friendly. If I take the TC and stability control off on the shelby it is a crazy handful. I can't even imagine how a viper feels without any of that. That was the whole problem with all previous vipers and why they didn't sell many. Now they changed that with this new one. They are trying to get out of that old view of people thinking this car is going to kill you every chance it gets. That isn't fun for anyone. And anyone who argues this point is wrong because there are countless interviews where Ralph says that was the goal of the new gen.
LOL the topic of your above post had been debated for literally 20 years around here as iam pretty sure the ******** guys may have a response for you.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL the topic of your above post had been debated for literally 20 years around here as iam pretty sure the ******** guys may have a response for you.

People have debated TC? How the car never had it before.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest you run a search regarding the above as theres only a few thousand posts in reference to the pros and cons

Well whatever if the purist hate it that is their business they can get the SRT or turn it off. Maybe because I'm saying this on a viper forum where every single car before doesn't have TC that I am not getting through with my point that these 2 systems dramatically change the characteristics and accessibility of this car. I mean then why else would they invent it or mandate it a federal law? lol. Seriously?? Its a law now for a reason. Same with back up cameras. There are tons of people who think they are stupid, I personally think in cars like this they are mandatory.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight....You want to mandate a system that will allow drivers to get to speeds and conditions that they can't hope to get to on their own so that when something goes wrong they are so far past saving it that their life and everyone's around them is in danger?

Interesting that you think that way because Congress did as well. Man, what is the world coming to?

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well whatever if the purist hate it that is their business they can get the SRT or turn it off. Maybe because I'm saying this on a viper forum where every single car before doesn't have TC that I am not getting through with my point that these 2 systems dramatically change the characteristics and accessibility of this car. I mean then why else would they invent it or mandate it a federal law? lol. Seriously?? Its a law now for a reason. Same with back up cameras. There are tons of people who think they are stupid, I personally think in cars like this they are mandatory.

hahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahaahahahah. oh, wait. You're serious.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahaahahahah. oh, wait. You're serious.

So tc and stability control and back up cams are stupid? wow................. well that just ended the discussion for me carry on. Perhaps next you are going to say seat belts are stupid as well.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight....You want to mandate a system that will allow drivers to get to speeds and conditions that they can't hope to get to on their own so that when something goes wrong they are so far past saving it that their life and everyone's around them is in danger?

Interesting that you think that way because Congress did as well. Man, what is the world coming to?

Anything can be abused. But the system does make not as good drivers able to drive the car properly. Whether they abuse it or not it doesn't matter if there is a TC or not. That crazy psycho is going to go that fast regardless. The system can't work miracles.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really need to do your research before you comment here There are a few professional level drivers on this forum (roadrace their cars extensively )that may have a slight difference of opinion with you .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps if some of them read of posts your going to get hammered here .

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything can be abused. But the system does make not as good drivers able to drive the car properly. Whether they abuse it or not it doesn't matter if there is a TC or not. That crazy psycho is going to go that fast regardless. The system can't work miracles.

A question for everyone in general about this comment. Aren't most Viper wrecks caused by someone that had switched froma nanny car and then gets overwhelmed??? According to your posts about how you drive your Mustang, you'll be one of them. So in the interest in your's and everyone else's safety, please don't order a Viper.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes basically trying to transpose logic regarding intended usage ect from a Mustang GT 500 to that of a Viper. Ralphs trying to broaden the market share of the Viper and the price demographic the new car now occupys this is the exact buyer your going to get

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the topic of a viper as a daily drive in cold weather as borderline absurd.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the topic of a viper as a daily drive in cold weather as borderline absurd.

Do you have below elementary school reading comprehension skills? I said I'm going to be driving this car only on weekends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-bWLhDo91o Here is a video though where Ralph talks about driving the viper through a blizzard and across country. Maybe you should learn what the car was intended for because I think he would say your absurd.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question for everyone in general about this comment. Aren't most Viper wrecks caused by someone that had switched froma nanny car and then gets overwhelmed??? According to your posts about how you drive your Mustang, you'll be one of them. So in the interest in your's and everyone else's safety, please don't order a Viper.

Yea your right I'll just crash the car. As I said before I've driven many other high performance cars besides my gt500. If the viper performs worse than all of them that is pathetic and you really then don't understand how good of a performance car this thing is. I think you are more likely the type or wreck rather than me who drives cautiously and controlled with high performance cars.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes basically trying to transpose logic regarding intended usage ect from a Mustang GT 500 to that of a Viper. Ralphs trying to broaden the market share of the Viper and the price demographic the new car now occupys this is the exact buyer your going to get

I should introduce you to my neighbor who drives his F458 everyday all year round. He'd probably love to hear you think he is stupid too for driving it in the cold or just to cruise around in. Perhaps everyone who buys a high performance car should be driving in a wreckless manner on the street is what you are suggesting? I'm confused as to what you think people should do with these cars on a public road.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there the day he left Youngstown. You are not Ralph and he does not have to worry about a replacement.

I suggest you edify yourself, are you aware of the unfortunate accident involving a SRT engineer in cold weather?

Do you have below elementary school reading comprehension skills? I said I'm going to be driving this car only on weekends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-bWLhDo91o Here is a video though where Ralph talks about driving the viper through a blizzard and across country. Maybe you should learn what the car was intended for because I think he would say your absurd.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been reading your naive posts and have noticed a lot of knowledgeable, well intentioned forum members trying to enlighten you with answers to your questions. Let me put this nicely. You are overconfident, you don't know what you don't know. Rule number one. Never say things with such an arrogant, disrespectful tone when you don't know what you are talking about, or years from now you will be pretty embarrassed looking back at this moment. Open your mind and you might learn a thing or two from this knowledgeable group.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading your naive posts and have noticed a lot of knowledgeable, well intentioned forum members trying to enlighten you with answers to your questions. Let me put this nicely. You are overconfident, you don't know what you don't know. Rule number one. Never say things with such an arrogant, disrespectful tone when you don't know what you are talking about, or years from now you will be pretty embarrassed looking back at this moment. Open your mind and you might learn a thing or two from this knowledgeable group.

Sorry I get rude when people are rude to me first. Then yes I won't be respectful with them. But as far as overconfident only time will tell.

OP
OP
S

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there the day he left Youngstown. You are not Ralph and he does not have to worry about a replacement.

I suggest you edify yourself, are you aware of the unfortunate accident involving a SRT engineer in cold weather?

When was that? Because I can provide another video where Ralph tells the motortrend guys they didn't wreck one gen V during testing.