Few upgrade questions

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to a forced induction application this winter but am unsure if I will be going TT or paxton at this point. My questions I have relate to my fuel system and engine management.

For my fuel system, I plan on using a set of 95lb top feed injectors that I have. Will it be difficult to get these to work with my 2nd Gen intake manifold? I have a set of SRT fuel rails, but I am unsure how I will be able to get them to work since they are skinnier and the stockers are side feed. Also, should I get a set of custom fuel rails or would the SRT ones be sufficient to flow enought for the large injectors?

For engine management, I have AEM EMS that I plan on using. I bought it rebuilt from one of the known tuners and it didn't come with anything aside from the box. Aside from the cable to connect it to the computer and the software, is there anything else that I will need to get it to work in my car? I have been searching ads on google but have been having trouble finding pics aside from the generic AEM pics. When looking at some of the ads for the EMS, it looks like some of them have wideband capabilities within it. Is this true with all of them or is it a newer feature? Also, does anyone know what I would need to get that to be logged in the EMS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m doing a paxton setup on my right now. I m looking at pushing 800rwhp and the injectors I got were siemens 60lbs, they are direct swap in on gen 2. The fuel rails I got from Adam at quality wires. I don't think you can use the SRT fuel rails but I could be wrong. I m going to stick to split second for engine management which came with paxton.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Roe supercharger!!!! and a Paxton supercharged ACR.

The Roe comes with 49# injectors to replace the stock 29#. Then Paxton uses a splitsecond box for timing and turning on the 2 extra fuel pumps for fuel enrichment and doesn't need anything else unless you want a further power increase.

Roe Racing sells a Twin Turbo kit INSTALLED for $13K

You wrote SRT fuel rails and I'm going to presume that you meant SRT10? Viper Sepcialty runs massive injectors in his car and he uses a SCT tuner.

You need to add fuel according to the horsepower and the number of injectors used. Don't think you need huge injectors like with a big hp V8. With a V10 there is an extra 25% fuel being added with the 2 extra injectors.

Fuel system also needs upgrading depending on hp. I have over 700rwhp and use a single 255 Walbro fuel pump in place of the stocker (about 215).

OP
OP
J

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. I would like my fuel system to be able to support 1000hp down the road. I am not as concerned with the injector sizing since I will be running AEM, but am more concerned about getting the top feed injectors working on the Gen2 intake manifold.

I have a paxton setup now (not installed), but might go TT instead over the winter. I didn't know about roe selling TT kits.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. I would like my fuel system to be able to support 1000hp down the road. I am not as concerned with the injector sizing since I will be running AEM, but am more concerned about getting the top feed injectors working on the Gen2 intake manifold.

I have a paxton setup now (not installed), but might go TT instead over the winter. I didn't know about roe selling TT kits.

I believe Roe's TT is only for gen 3's...

OP
OP
J

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Thanks for clarifying. I should have specifically said I have a Gen 2 (2002 GTS).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc