Fiancee wants a Vette over Viper :(

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uggg..
My fiancee took a ride in a co-workers C5 yesterday and she loved it. She asked me why I wanted a viper over the C5. Of course, being the ******** musclecar ****** that I am I said "For the power and looks!". Obviously, that was on the correct answer. Then the questions came..

"is it loud?"... "from the inside?"
"What do you mean no windows (RT/10)?"
"So... it can't be driven in the rain, and if it is it leaks?"
"is it a smooth ride?"

You get the idea. Although her opinion won't sway me... it does put a damper on other "issues" that she does have an affect on
frown.gif

I love her to death, and she loves fast loud cars (nascar chick) but she likes a smooth comfortable ride.. Like a T-bird over something like my road runner
smile.gif

Oh well... I could buy a C5 and drive it all the time but I don't think i'd ever be as happy as owning my dream.

she hates my GN too.. "It's too boxy"
frown.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....in my opinion, you might want to reconsider and think long, and hard about.....the marriage
laugh.gif
BIG difference between a Vette woman and a Viper woman.
Have a wonderful day!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was looking for a new sports car I asked my wife what she thought about a new Corvette. Her answer was,

"Are you kidding, Vettes are for old guys with gold chains and shirts buttoned to their belly buttons and for women."

Being a former Vette owner, I was a little taken back by her comment, but it seems that is the perception of a lot of folks.

For the Vette owners on the board, I mean no disrespect, just want to share my wifes opinion.

I agree with Laura, its like cat or dog owners, find a Viper woman!

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She wants me to have what ever I want
smile.gif

She let me put a rusty old 'Cuda into her garage, and drove with me 2 days to get it. She was there when I brought home my Road Runner too ;) She also introduced me to NASCAR

She wants to cruise in the viper, hell she loves em! But she was just worried about the maintanence and all the little stuff that she knows I don't always think about off the bat (Hey.. it goes fast and it looks good... everything else will fall in place hehe). I think she was just taken by how nice the ride was in the C5. She hates older vettes, except the 63 split window, the 66 (off year) and 72 big block verts.

Oh well, maybe if I get rid of the Grand National she won't pick on me so much
smile.gif

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max-
First, you should be grateful that she wants such a cool car as the C5, instead of a minivan. (shudder)

Second, both of you need to spend some more time here on the board learning about the snake. Attend a local meeting too. Let her drool over the cars, and she may never go back. Get her a ride in one, and she will be sold.

The Viper is <u>very</u> reliable, more reliable than a C5 modded to the same performance level. Look at this board, you hear owners griping about fit & finish problems (rubber trims coming loose, squeaky brakes, etc), but you never hear of a reliability problem. Simple maintenance is all you need. Gen IIs have roll-up windows and a quiet hardtop. Rain leaks are for british sports cars. I have a GTS with stock exhaust, and it is quiet enough that I can use my cell phone (handsfree) up to ~140 (decibles- not mph). Above that- who cares?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the above bantering is fun, but IMO, a car (not even a Viper) should interfere with or influence matters of the heart. Take it from one who knows, I'd give anything to undo the mistakes I've made.

One of the greatest phrases I ever heard came from Craig Breedlove who was visibly shaken after he learned of the passing of his pet dog. At the time, he was preparing for another record run at Bonneyville, but could not continue due to his deep despair. Craig said "All that really matters is love. Everything else is just filler". I'm sure many of us on this Board could do with a lot less filler ...... present company included.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madmaxx,
me and my wife had a similar debate.. not over the windows 2001 is pretty nice inside .. it was over the 6 speed..
she cant drive a stick!!!
so she thought i was getting a viper just so she couldnt drive it!! yes corvette come in auto for the ladies.. but what fun would that be????
take my advice buy the viper and go by this:
"she is young and will get over it"
if not and she really has a cow you can sell after 3 months or so
smile.gif
and get her a **** vette then but atleast you would have had one of the greatest cars ever made!!!

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was originaly looking at a GTS coupe, but have now been turned on to RT/10's.
I was looking into Gen 1 cars, around 95 or so. But, i'm still about 5 months away from laying out the cash for anything. Just installed a security camera in my garage.

She told me on the phone if I didn't get a viper or a C5 to get an AAR 'cuda
smile.gif

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one is easy! Get her a ride in a Viper. I say that because she obviously hasn't ridden in one or she wouldn't be suggesting the C5.

I use a ride in the snake as the litmus test for any new girlfriend. There are the ones who grab the door handle, clench their body and scream (no jokes please, I'm only talking about the drive here), and there are the ones that yell at you to quit going so slow!

You go through a few to find one of the latter types, but they're worth the wait!
embarass.gif

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I couldn't imagine my life without her.
I told her I want to have my mid-life crisis now and have all these cars... once kids come, i'm sure I'll wake up one day and i'm 50 =-/

I could pick up a 97 C5 here for around 28K. Why are the prices droping so fast?

She did ask me to finish atleast one of my projects before getting into a viper. The 'cuda will have to be finished enough to move it back outside.. it has had garage rights for the last 8 months or so (shinny metal car with lots of dust all over everything). When the time comes, i'll ditch the mustang and maybe the GN too... although I love that car. Sold my Grand Sport to my dad, so it's still in the family. I may sell my Road Runner...but i'd rather not. 'Cuda can never be sold outside the family.

James

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ScottP:

Yeah man, it's Ol' MadMaxx from Simpsonville
smile.gif

I may take you up on that offer sometime. We're going out with the folks to city range tonight, and I have the feeling that the car discussion will come up.

I'll drop you a mail sometime. Thanks for the offers BTW, very good to know that there are helpful people out there, especialy so close!

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude