Fiat Chrysler recalls Viper for faulty door handles

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI

Fiat Chrysler recalls Viper for faulty door handles

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...-chrysler-recall-viper-door-handles/25531441/

David Shepardson, Detroit News Washington Bureau 3:51 p.m. EDT April 9, 2015

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is recalling about 1,750 new Dodge Viper sports cars to replace their door-handle assemblies, the automaker said Thursday.

The company says door handles in some 2013-2014 Dodge Viper SRT cars failed to close or opened inadvertently while vehicles were moving at low speeds. The company received three warranty claims but has no reports of crashes or injuries.

Engineers found a sealant, newly adopted by a supplier, provided inconsistent protection to the electronic switches that control the door latches from water. Switches exposed to moisture may short-circuit. The recall includes 1,524 2013-14 Dodge Viper SRT cars in the United States; 164 in Canada; 17 in Mexico and 57 outside North America.

7amood5041

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to check for all the previous recalls or service bulletins? website or something?

I don't think the dealership here (in Dubai) bothers calling us up when something like this pops up so I want to do my homework before I take my car to them.

Thanks in advance

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a late 2013 and just received recall code P18. This recall is only for a window module reflash.

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to check for all the previous recalls or service bulletins? website or something?

I don't think the dealership here (in Dubai) bothers calling us up when something like this pops up so I want to do my homework before I take my car to them.

Thanks in advance

Yes, on Dodges web site you can enter your VIN and it will show any recalls. I would provide a link, but, I'm on the road

WeaponX81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a late 2013 and just received recall code P18. This recall is only for a window module reflash.

Got that recall several months back and had mine done at local dealership by Viper tec. Took literally 2 minutes to do.

WeaponX81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard about that one through FB... need to call up my Viper Tec about getting this done. It says it is a "voluntary recall".

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine opened at 90 miles an hour! I fell out but was able to catch up to the car and get back in. no problems since then...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang