Fiberglass sills + Roe´s Side Sill Insulation Kit

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND
Hello Everyone

I must change my sidesills and have found sills in fiberglass that I maybe will go for. Will Roe´s Side Sill Insulation Kit work with fiberglass sills. Anyone have experience with fiberglass sills?

regards

Tomas

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you will still have to use the stock heat shielding with the Roe side sill insulation kit, you can't got it alone, they will melt, wreck your paint job.

FLX109

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz ran fibreglass sills for 12 months or so with no problems in his RT before selling it on, think he just used a header wrap, his exhaust was modified which no doubt helps cooling slightly

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just had roe sill insulation put on mine and what a difference. much cooler now.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomas, I rode in that same setup this past weekend. In this particular ride the fiberglass sills were open on the ends so fresh air could pass though. It had Roe insulation but no stock insulation. Oddly, the sill was cool everywhere but the area underneath the cat.

I would recommend the stock insulation or several layers of aftermarket.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could also contact DC Performance and look at their side sill vents. They will let a lot of air into the sill.
DEI also makes a good shielding product, floor and tunnel shield if you can't find the factory insulation. I am in the process of converting to the Autoform fiberglass sills and have this installed but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tomas
Sorry had to sell windows with the Viper....Did try..
I ran Sean Roe side exit exhaust system with no cats and 2000 headers.
The exhaust was wraped in header wrap and i used a piece of Aluminium bent to a half circle by the lenth of the sill and rivited it in place with six rivets.
I left a gap of about 1" between sill and aluminium..
Worked great no heat or bubbles in the paint.
Yes they were Colins sills.
Baz

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
with cats or without?

with cats, must use factory insulation.

without cats --unknown?

factory does not sell rear exit outside shields. have to find used. I did find that the dealer does sell an aluminum shield that looks like side exhaust(called insulation retainer).

you can buy the inside shields no problem though.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going glass, Roe insulation and fab some kind of aluminum shied around the cat next winter. I do have high flow cats. I am also going to leave the back plate/cover off the sills to allow for air flow. Guess you will have to check back in 12 months on how it goes....

On the topic of aftermarket sills, does anyone know of glass sills where the cooling holes on the bottom are flared out so they would "catch" air better as you drive?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen II side sills that have the cut out for a side discharge. I had thought about going this route, but like my rear exit too much, so if anybody is interested in a spare set witht he cut outs already, PM me.