filters, cones, smooth tubes, oh my

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What does everyone here recommend as far as air intakes? I have read a lot discussions about what is better, cones or smooth tubes. I love the look of the cones but it seems hard to justify spending three times as much money on cones when they might actually hurt my performance. It seems that all smooth tubes are created equal so I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are as far as the filters themselves. Should I go with K&N or is there another filter that might be better? A guy I work with just put a donaldson filter on his Z06. Does anyone have experience with these on a viper? Short of dropping 1,500 on a carbon fiber airbox is there anything I can do to a stock gen I air box to get a little more air flowing?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the model and year of your car? The cheapest thing to do is remove the rain baffle in your airbox and go with a hi flow filter. I am not sure if Donaldson makes a Viper filter. K&N has been good to me. Roe Racing carries an alternative brand to K&N.

Smooth tubes should be done in conjunction with filters.

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
What is the model and year of your car? The cheapest thing to do is remove the rain baffle in your airbox and go with a hi flow filter. I am not sure if Donaldson makes a Viper filter. K&N has been good to me. Roe Racing carries an alternative brand to K&N.

Smooth tubes should be done in conjunction with filters.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 94 rt/10 with 14,000 miles. I have a belanger cat back and high flow cats on order from the parts rack (great service by the way). Being one to tinker endlessly with my cars I am curious what a good next upgrade might be after the tubes and filters. Roller rockers perhaps?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery