Finally got a lift

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the last 15 yrs I have been a 2 Viper owner meaning my daily driver (M5, XLR-V and now CTS-V got kicked out to the driveway . After wrestling with expanding the garage and being too lazy/cheap to expand, I finally had a lft installed today.

I got a 4 post Rotary Revolution. My Viper tech put me in touch with the rep who does the dealer lifts and his company installed.

Not cheap--about $4500 installed but my toys are inside and maybe I will make it up in oil changes :) Actually with 7 cars including my kids' cars, I might.

Let me say after watching these guys do the install I don't know how any homeowner could do it.

Pics to follow

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same lift, you will enjoy it - very high quality. Just make sure when you lower your car all 4 corners lock at the same time. A good friend just lost his street rod off the back corner - I think his lift was a Eagle.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the lift. you will save $ on fluid changes and you dont have to worry about some clown putting the wrong fluid or below grade product.
I have the same lift and wont ever give it up. and by the way.. My wife and I installed the lift. It not hard. its just heavy.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the lift. you will save $ on fluid changes and you dont have to worry about some clown putting the wrong fluid or below grade product.
I have the same lift and wont ever give it up. and by the way.. My wife and I installed the lift. It not hard. its just heavy.

Holy smokes--I want to meet your wife. Impressive

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor helped me lift the two heavy pieces in place, otherwise I did the install myself also. Yes, it is a lot of heavy items and time, but it was a fun project! Congrats on the new lift, it will pay for itself in no time if you do all your own work on your car.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found the same thing, a little help with the runways is all you need, other than that one person can do it.

Your lift will help in may ways, the bottom of your car will be as clean as the top, no more bending over to wax the sides and clean wheels, I even started changing oil in my drivers, I forgot how much cheaper it is to to it yourself.

When I sold my Road Runner I probably made another couple thousand due to the condition of the bottom and the fact it could be seen. That alone proobably paid for my lift. :2tu:

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your assistant looks like Anne Coulter--That's COOL! Lucky man, can she cook too?

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the lift. I'm in the same boat as you, i have 2 vettes, and a viper and keep one of them in my parents garage since they don't live that far away. I hope to do a 4 post this summer. I just noticed you live in Richmond and have a CTS-V. Just saw a black one monday on 64 by the airport. Thats a badass ride. They have a red one at Moore right now i keep checking out. What do you think of yours? Does it live up to all the hype? I really hope to add one to the stable this year...

QUOTE=viperdrummer;2661368]Most of the last 15 yrs I have been a 2 Viper owner meaning my daily driver (M5, XLR-V and now CTS-V got kicked out to the driveway . After wrestling with expanding the garage and being too lazy/cheap to expand, I finally had a lft installed today.

I got a 4 post Rotary Revolution. My Viper tech put me in touch with the rep who does the dealer lifts and his company installed.

Not cheap--about $4500 installed but my toys are inside and maybe I will make it up in oil changes :) Actually with 7 cars including my kids' cars, I might.

Let me say after watching these guys do the install I don't know how any homeowner could do it.

Pics to follow[/QUOTE]

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Im in the same boat as you. Being the owner of 8 cars, I dont know how I ever survived without my 2 post lift. Its a god sent!

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the lift. I'm in the same boat as you, i have 2 vettes, and a viper and keep one of them in my parents garage since they don't live that far away. I hope to do a 4 post this summer. I just noticed you live in Richmond and have a CTS-V. Just saw a black one monday on 64 by the airport. Thats a badass ride. They have a red one at Moore right now i keep checking out. What do you think of yours? Does it live up to all the hype? I really hope to add one to the stable this year...

I traded the current version M5 for the CTS-V and don't regret it. The ZR-1 motor is a beast . It has more HP than my 06 Viper (a little less than my 09) It is very refined and well made.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that we have seen the lift, lets see the drum set. I used to play and can still appreciate a good drummer. Stewart Copeland is my all time favorite. The recent tour they did was amazing.