Finally got my new Viper

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a factory look, the RB1 is pretty good as a nav unit. If you want bells and whistles, look elsewhere. I got a brand new one on eBay for $499 and the almost latest nav disk for $70.I have a Pioneer AVIC940BT in my truck. Better, but never in the Viper. Personal preference. Anyway, Hoboken looks horrible. I know your car is thankfully up high in the garage.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My smart phone (droid x) has a large screen. I use it in the viper when needed with google maps... never a problem. I just stick the suckercup mount on the windshield and hit go. Nothing permanent.

OP
OP
H

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a clear bra installed on my car. I believe the brand was Incincashield? It came out great and the guy said that it will only get better in the next few weeks and in the sun as it "cures". He came to my home to install it and his price was reasonable in my opinion. Let me know if anyone has any interest in doing this to their cars as well and I'm happy to pass along his info. Now I can drive without worry of getting chips or road rash and have peace of mind.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats great color scheme!
Sounds a lot like my story, now I am on my second viper. Next season check out the ny/ct page we are pretty active with cruises and various events. Some advice...
Use Tator for all your work and maintenance he is only an hour away and worth the trip.
Check how old the tires are? If they are the original tires they are going on 5 years old, I would change them out. Even if there is plenty tread old tires get hard and unpredictable, don't take a chance with that get some ps2 or pss for the street.
Whatever tire you are on, be really really careful in this car when it is cold out. Cold = more torque and less grip

OP
OP
H

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats great color scheme!
Sounds a lot like my story, now I am on my second viper. Next season check out the ny/ct page we are pretty active with cruises and various events. Some advice...
Use Tator for all your work and maintenance he is only an hour away and worth the trip.
Check how old the tires are? If they are the original tires they are going on 5 years old, I would change them out. Even if there is plenty tread old tires get hard and unpredictable, don't take a chance with that get some ps2 or pss for the street.
Whatever tire you are on, be really really careful in this car when it is cold out. Cold = more torque and less grip

Thanks! I definitely plan to make it to some events in NJ + NY next year and also will definitely go to Tator for a check up and oil change in the Spring. Do you have to set up an appt with them ahead of time or just stop by?

The tires are original, and I agree that i will probably have to change them out for new ones in the next year or two. I've heard 7 years on tires is about their safe limit? They only have 2,200 miles on them now, so it's a shame, but will be necessary if I want the car to stay on the road I guess..... Thanks a lot for the advice and keep it coming as I'm happy to take it all in and keep learning about proper maintenance and such.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 for Chuck Tator, I go there for all of the maintenance on my car. It's an experience in itself, he always has about 6-8 Vipers there in various states of modification/repair/total rebuild because someone blew it up...Rob is awesome as well, knows the cars inside and out. It's also a great place to have all the performance modifications mailed to so your wife doesn't find out!

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I definitely plan to make it to some events in NJ + NY next year and also will definitely go to Tator for a check up and oil change in the Spring. Do you have to set up an appt with them ahead of time or just stop by?

The tires are original, and I agree that i will probably have to change them out for new ones in the next year or two. I've heard 7 years on tires is about their safe limit? They only have 2,200 miles on them now, so it's a shame, but will be necessary if I want the car to stay on the road I guess..... Thanks a lot for the advice and keep it coming as I'm happy to take it all in and keep learning about proper maintenance and such.

The COLD is definitely something to consider with these tires. They get as hard as hockey pucks and can't deal with the 560 ft/lbs of torque so you need to be careful this time of year. It's a whole different animal in the heat of the Summer though. Crazy power indeed!! Chuck is a real asset for those of us in the tri-state area. One of a kind for sure. Have fun! :2tu:

Scott

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave