Finally got my Viper

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry no pics yet. She's a mess after a 13 hour road trip from New Jersey to Chicago. Picked it up yesterday and just finished the trip hours ago.

Details: 2002 RT Yellow/Black, bone stock (even the exhaust) with 19k, well 20k miles now.

I think everyone that buys a used Viper for the first time should pick it up and make a road trip out of it. It gave me a great opportunity to get familiar with the car before I had to drive it with a passenger. My legs and hands were shaking when I pulled off the lot last night and by the end of the trip I was looking for cars that "thought" they were fast (all within legal limits of course :))

One observation from the trip. I saw only one other Viper on the trip (a Black Gen I, on the NJ turnpike), but I saw at least 20 Vettes.

Now I have to decide whether to get personalized plates.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Yogi, from another fairly new owner. I picked up mine in December. Welcome to the madness. Now you will see everyone will want to test their Testosterone level against your car. Just wait 'till you experience the thrill of someone revving up their 2002 Dodge Caravan in the lane next to you. It becomes rather amusing.Just ignore the haters. Have fun and enjoy!!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be amazed how owning a Viper actually changes your life and how people see you. Congrats and enjoy!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!:2tu: I'm a new Viper owner to and I cant get enough of the car. Its definitely an attention getter on the streets.:drive: I started with a Vette and now Im finally in a real sports car.:D

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you elaborate?:)

My center manager (a level up from my direct boss) at work was overheard saying "I can't let him pay off that car." He was jealous and actually took it out on me. He had me in the office over and over again tightening the screws on my performance and pressuring me to perform or get fired.:brick: Before the Viper, things were average and former bosses praised me and since he has been transferred things are back to normal.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations yogibayer!!!! As we say, '''''nothing better than the BEAST'''''!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :drive: ....you picked a GREAT car, would love to see pics when you're ready. :2tu: hmmmmm--personalized plate--we got 05 BEAST for ours :cool: .
~juli~

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry no pics yet. She's a mess after a 13 hour road trip from New Jersey to Chicago. Picked it up yesterday and just finished the trip hours ago.

Details: 2002 RT Yellow/Black, bone stock (even the exhaust) with 19k, well 20k miles now.

I think everyone that buys a used Viper for the first time should pick it up and make a road trip out of it. It gave me a great opportunity to get familiar with the car before I had to drive it with a passenger. My legs and hands were shaking when I pulled off the lot last night and by the end of the trip I was looking for cars that "thought" they were fast (all within legal limits of course :))

One observation from the trip. I saw only one other Viper on the trip (a Black Gen I, on the NJ turnpike), but I saw at least 20 Vettes.

Now I have to decide whether to get personalized plates.

I remember that trip when I got mine. I thought I died and went to heven! It gets better. Congrats!

Bolt

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT!! Another Chicago Viper? Welcome and Congrats.

Don't forget to drive up to Fuddruckers in Schaumburg every first Wednesday of the month.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper in St.Louis so I also made a road trip out of it 5 years ago!!! Welcome.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Viper! Be sure to post some pics after you get 'er cleaned up.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't encourage you to join the VCA - especially in Illinois, one of the most active regions in the country. From an earlier post: If you own a Viper and aren't a VCA member - what are you waiting for?! Call VCA HQ at 800-998-1110 today and get your VCA membership over the phone with a VISA or MasterCard. Be sure to verify your individual VCA membership number as well. Then drop me a PM with your membership number and I will get you fixed up on the boards as well so that you can enjoy ALL these forums have to offer. As a VCA Member you receive the following:
  • Posting privileges in all general Viper Forums
  • Posting & viewing privileges in VCA Members forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Regional forums
  • Posting privileges in VCA Viper Events and Gatherings forum
  • Ability to upload and display personal avatar (Vipers only please)
  • Ability to write and use personal signature for all posts
  • Gallery privileges up to 100 MB of uploads
  • Up to 5000 Private Messages allowed
  • FREE Classified ad posting
  • Access to exclusive SRT merchandise in VCA Members forum
  • Future exclusives such as VCA private auctions, online renewals, and much more!
And if that isn't enough, you also get these other great benefits:
  • VIPER magazine subscription (gorgeous glossy with great content & photos)
  • VCA Notes subscription
  • Member-only discounts from numerous VCA sponsors such as PartsRack
  • Liability insurance at all VCA events
  • Eligible to buy raffle tickets for exclusive cars like the Diamondback
  • Regional membership including invites to all regional events
  • Regional newsletter
  • Personalized Viper Club membership badges for you and your co-pilot
  • National and Zone events such as Viper vs. Viper
  • Many free or discounted benefits such as Dyno Day, cruises, autocross, and much more!
As a Viper owner you are eligible to join VCA with a VERIFIABLE Dodge Viper VIN. If you wish to join the VCA simply call VCA headquarters at 800-998-1110 with your credit card and VIN in hand. Just $100 for renewals and only $80 (second quarter promotion) for new members. Just remember, if you own a Viper and aren't a member of the VCA, you are missing out on some incredible opportunities. Call 800-998-1110 today and join the best car club on the planet!

Chris

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Viper! Be sure to post some pics after you get 'er cleaned up.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't encourage you to join the VCA - especially in Illinois, one of the most active regions in the country. From an earlier post: If you own a Viper and aren't a VCA member - what are you waiting for?! Call VCA HQ at 800-998-1110 today and get your VCA membership over the phone with a VISA or MasterCard. Be sure to verify your individual VCA membership number as well. Then drop me a PM with your membership number and I will get you fixed up on the boards as well so that you can enjoy ALL these forums have to offer. As a VCA Member you receive the following:
  • Posting privileges in all general Viper Forums
  • Posting & viewing privileges in VCA Members forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Regional forums
  • Posting privileges in VCA Viper Events and Gatherings forum
  • Ability to upload and display personal avatar (Vipers only please)
  • Ability to write and use personal signature for all posts
  • Gallery privileges up to 100 MB of uploads
  • Up to 5000 Private Messages allowed
  • FREE Classified ad posting
  • Access to exclusive SRT merchandise in VCA Members forum
  • Future exclusives such as VCA private auctions, online renewals, and much more!
And if that isn't enough, you also get these other great benefits:
  • VIPER magazine subscription (gorgeous glossy with great content & photos)
  • VCA Notes subscription
  • Member-only discounts from numerous VCA sponsors such as PartsRack
  • Liability insurance at all VCA events
  • Eligible to buy raffle tickets for exclusive cars like the Diamondback
  • Regional membership including invites to all regional events
  • Regional newsletter
  • Personalized Viper Club membership badges for you and your co-pilot
  • National and Zone events such as Viper vs. Viper
  • Many free or discounted benefits such as Dyno Day, cruises, autocross, and much more!
As a Viper owner you are eligible to join VCA with a VERIFIABLE Dodge Viper VIN. If you wish to join the VCA simply call VCA headquarters at 800-998-1110 with your credit card and VIN in hand. Just $100 for renewals and only $80 (second quarter promotion) for new members. Just remember, if you own a Viper and aren't a member of the VCA, you are missing out on some incredible opportunities. Call 800-998-1110 today and join the best car club on the planet!

Chris

Okay, so I bought my ACR on 4/6/07, joined the VCA about 10 days later by calling them, received the Viper magazine Spring issue in a week, but I still don't have a membership number to register on this website, or go on a buying spree for my vendors discount. The VCA email states it takes 3-4 weeks to get the membership together, couldn't they issue a membership number and give it to me thru the email instead of waiting for the hard copy? :dunno:
Bill

V

Venomiss

Welcome VPR RACR!
Since you already received your magazine it means you made it on the mailing list.:)

They send your membership number on a badge-and usually do them in batches- thus the time involved. Since you joined on about the 16th that would make it maybe another couple of weeks. Not too long and maybe meet some of your fellow members in the meantime.:drive:
In case you don't already have this information:
www.norcal.viperclub.org Northern California
www.socalviper.org Southern California
www.viperbytes.viperclub.org Central California

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome VPR RACR!
Since you already received your magazine it means you made it on the mailing list.:)

They send your membership number on a badge-and usually do them in batches- thus the time involved. Since you joined on about the 16th that would make it maybe another couple of weeks. Not too long and maybe meet some of your fellow members in the meantime.:drive:
In case you don't already have this information:
www.norcal.viperclub.org Northern California
www.socalviper.org Southern California
www.viperbytes.viperclub.org Central California

I been checking my mailbox everyday.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bill,
Welcome to the Club! They do run the membership cards in batches and I know they have made an effort to get in contact with new members faster. It is a lot better than it used to be. This is a great club and I can assure you your card will come. Use the links posted by Venomiss to see all the great things going on in Cali. You're very lucky... Cali has some great clubs and members.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that you now get up in the middle of the night to go look in the garage. :rolaugh:

Congrats on the car! Good color choice, as the Race Yellow cars have more HP.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang