FiNALLY! I'm a Viper owner!

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't be more happy. I was expecting the delivery truck to deliver the car tomorrow but the driver called me this afternoon and told me it was just a few hours away so he would drop it off this afternoon. Well, I left work to clean the garage and get ready for its arrival, still nervous since I have never seen the car.

The driver pulled up and I ended up being VERY pleasently surprised. THe car was dirty (the previous owner didn't have time to clean it) but it looked good...really good. The only issue were the tires which I was told needed to be replaced ASAP.
The car looked better than I imagined. The paint looked good, and the interior was immaculate. Overall I was really happy with how things turned out. Here are some pics of my new to me 01 sapphire blue GTS:D

You must be registered for see images attach

My best friend checking out the car

And the best for last....my son who has the initials GTS and can't stop saying VIPER:2tu:

OP
OP
S

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! It's gorgeous!!

LOWER IT!!

That is the first thing I intend to do. After that I want to dyno tune the car, and get a car cover so my son doesn't scratch it all to hell! He can't keep his hands off of it, but its all good. I've told him its his car :)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! Remember getting my car off the truck... great memories.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!! Sapphire is an awesome color! You and your son are going to have so much fun with it! And good idea on the tires - old and/or hard ones are big trouble on a Viper! Get some nice, new, soft shoes and enjoy :drive: And join the VCA - have some fun with other adicts, uh, I mean members :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! Ready for the Roe supercharger yet? Beautiful. I have chromed BBS ACR wheels on my Red 2000 ACR. I have the polished Forgeline VR1s on my Sapphire/Silver GTS.

Here's my link to several car and sledding videos. 2 of my Red/silver supercharged Viper GTSs and my Roe supercharged Sapphire/silver GTS...

YouTube - rtttted

And ... every Viper owner needs this 2001 Dodge Viper commercial on their computer!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_d2j82efiQ[/media]

Congratulations!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that you need to join the VCA. The information, knowledge, designer and SRT engineer knowledge is available after you're allowed into the member's only sections. Read the Illustrated upgrades section for DIY. Use your regional club for parts and tech/tuner recommendations. VCA also garners your large discounts, PartsRack, Roe Racing, etc etc (too many to list). The VCA events are spectacular and you're invited to VIP tents at Grand Prix events etc. The Viper Owner's Invitational 11 is just one reason you need to hurry and join. Viper Magazine is another good reason.

Ted

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Derek!! Gorgeous car in a fantastic color. There are a number of cars that have mods here in town from just about every tuner out there. You can check 'em out and see what you like best. The KC VCA Dyno Day isn't too far off either. We can also get you hooked up on new tires at GREAT prices in very short order.

Of course we welcome you to one of the more active Viper communities in the country here in Kansas City. We had a big gathering at Bass Pro earlier tonight and a cruise is planned for this Sunday. Bring that beauty over and meet the locals!

Again, congratulations.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When the sun comes out ...

You must be registered for see images

Would that be the Sapphire GTS from the west that was for sale with the newer Arrow engine? The Sap GTS that was pro photo'd at a graveyard and then posted here?

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry, I meant to post this picture of the Pearlescence of the Deep Sapphire Blue when you manage to capture the color the way the human eye sees it.

You must be registered for see images

You'll notice that only the Sapphire cars got the chromed Viper GTS letters?

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shanedog,
Let me know what car seat you guys wind up using - we have a '94 and none of ours it into the deep bucket seats...

Thanks!
Diane

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shanedog, Welcome to the club! Beautiful car, I'm sure you are gonna enjoy it...

I have a question for ya though...

Did you rip your pants getting out of your car? :omg:

I'm sorry... I dont know whats gotten into me...

Nevermind.... :2tu: ENJOY YOUR CAR!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shanedog, Did you rip your pants getting out of your car? :omg:

I'm sorry... I dont know whats gotten into me...

Nevermind.... :2tu: ENJOY YOUR CAR!

That could be the transporter guy . Or , Shanedog just let one rip when first saw his car J/K.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
S

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Derek!! Gorgeous car in a fantastic color. There are a number of cars that have mods here in town from just about every tuner out there. You can check 'em out and see what you like best. The KC VCA Dyno Day isn't too far off either. We can also get you hooked up on new tires at GREAT prices in very short order.

Of course we welcome you to one of the more active Viper communities in the country here in Kansas City. We had a big gathering at Bass Pro earlier tonight and a cruise is planned for this Sunday. Bring that beauty over and meet the locals!

Again, congratulations.

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I just got back from a drive around the neighborhood and I am pretty sure I had a good 10 people stop me.

Chris, if I can manage to get out for a drive today I'll swing by your house and see if you are around. I also want to get involved witht he club. I was planning on meeting you all at Bass Pro last night but with the car getting delivered early, plans changed.

OP
OP
S

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shanedog,
Let me know what car seat you guys wind up using - we have a '94 and none of ours it into the deep bucket seats...

Thanks!
Diane

I will for sure. I have heard the Recaro seats are good for Corvettes, so I may look at those for the Viper. I really want to take my son for short cruises. That will be quality time for sure!