Finally in the market

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am finally in the market for a viper. I have been saving for a couple of years and am ready to buy. I've been reading this forum for the last two years in preparation and I've also bought and read the viper buyers guide. I will be attending Spring Mountain Driving school next week for the 3 day beginner class. A couple of questions:

1) I have seen in the past that VCA members will check out an out of state viper for a price. What's the going rate?

2) What is the first year of the viper to have a shut off switch for the passenger air bag? (My research has led me to believe 1998, but I want to be sure)

I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I continue my search.

I have narrowed my search to 1998 to 2001 RT (Color is irrelevant to me). I would prefer low mileage, but understand that these cars are meant to be driven and would consider a medium mileage car that is still in good shape. I would like the car to be as close to stock as possible.

Thanks for all the good reading over the last two years.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If color is truly irrelevant to you, you might as well expand your search to include 2002 as well. Mechanically, they are identical to 01.

Good luck with your search!

OP
OP
Y

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My searches often include the 2002, but 99% of the time the price is outside of my budget. So I have dropped them from the list.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first year of the cut off switch is '98.
The dash was also changed that year to a pebbly texture versus the flat smooth texture previously.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see you are doing your homework. The Buyers Guide is awesome. If you get a 2000 or newer, there may be a transferrible extended warranty on it still. (mine ends this October) Ask for a title search using the vin num to get history before you buy. Best of luck.

kostas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck in your search, hopefully we'll be seeing you post pics of your Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang