Finally Purchased My Dream

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I can finally say I am one of the guy's now. Purchased my first Viper out of Maryland from a perfect gentleman that put 900 miles on the 2003 Viper in four years for a total mileage of 8,200 I put on half of that in one day taking her home and I am in love :drive: This thing is incredible. It is like a brand new car. Example: the night before I asked if the engine compartment was clean? He responded that he does not know......He bought the car and never opened the hood. It was like brand new :2tu: here is a pic for you guys :)
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.

Welcome to the VCA. You will learn everything you need to know and more about your car here. I would think a fresh change of fluids and new tires are in order and you will be good to go.

Bruce

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! I love my new-to-me 2003, and I'm sure you will as well. He NEVER opened the hood? What? That's odd, I'm hoping at least SOMEONE did some service on this car.

Get some new PS2s, change the oil and brake fluid, and DRIVE!

Looks great.

OP
OP
T

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, the front plate is mounted to a bracket that extends from two bolts underneath. Also, the tires look and feel like new and were replaced.
Now this could be a stretch. Did the 03 Vipers come with a clear coat? :dunno:
Tom

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. There's no feeling like novelty.:D

Along with changing the oil, and possibly the tranny and rear diff fluids, don't forget these cars have 2 ball joints per corner to hit with grease. A lot don't know that.:2tu:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the front plate is mounted to a bracket that extends from two bolts underneath. Also, the tires look and feel like new and were replaced.
Now this could be a stretch. Did the 03 Vipers come with a clear coat? :dunno:
Tom

There's a way to check the date code on the tires.
The reason why you always hear suggestions to change the original tires is twofold:

1 The runflats that came standard on your car are hard as rocks and don't absorb bumps, also the directional tread follows road irregularities, which can cause some tense moments.

2 Older tires get harder by the year, so add hardness to an already hard runflat, and now you're rolling a 500 hp car on forklift tires, a recipe for disaster.

I changed my old runflats to new PS2's and it was like bolting in a fully functional suspension. A truly worthwhile upgrade.:2tu:

insurme

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious about swapping over to PS2's......did you add a compressor like the '08 up models?

insurme

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Viper and yes it does have clear coat. Do you know if the crank has been pinned?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:welcome:
Start fresh:
new tires
fluid changes
battery check/tender...
...remove the ugly FLP :D

OP
OP
T

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I very much doupt the crank was pinned unless it was a recall. All the recalls were performed on this car. I don't know what you mean? (did you add a compressor like the '08 up models?):dunno: I will check the date on the tires. I do know the ride home was wonderful even through three major rain storms and I thought the tires performed well. Has anyone sanded with 2500 and rebuffed there car?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean? (did you add a compressor like the '08 up models?):dunno:

The newer PS2 tire replacements are not runflats, therefore, on the 08 and newer cars they threw in a compressor to get you home in a pinch, if you got a flat.

Previous to 08 they didn't give you a compressor, as the tires were runflats.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought myself a compressor and patch kit, and keep it in the car, same as my SRT8 Charger - although being an 07, it has these stock.

BlkViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! I can still remember how I felt when I snagged my '04! Beautiful car that looks amazing for an '03!

New fluids/tires and let the good times ROLL!!

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Tom. I purchased the identical car in April 30. Here is my story if you care to see my posting.

Sounds like the same questions and thoughts are coming your way.

I still have the run flats on mine. I figure I would rather burn them off that just throw them away. I am not racing my Viper anyway. More joy riding than anything.

Enjoy your ride. I know I am. I just drive some evenings with no destination in mind.

Tom (also)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow very nice car and congrats...Thats what I love about these cars...You can find them with under 1q0K miles even when they are 7-8 years old and they are pretty much still brand new..Mine has 34K miles and the interior still looks brand new to me

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Generally, people who own these cars are enthusiasts. However, the guy you bought yours from NEVER opened the hood? That blows my mind....and makes me wonder about maintainence. That being said, Twister is right, well cared for cars look new. The interior on my 03 looks brand new, with 24,000 miles on the clock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32