Finally ready to buy a Viper, have a few questions though.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shirt on or shirt off?

Shirt on for Christ's sake...we don't want to excite the imaginations of the other club. xRIPx, how much do you weigh? I would guess that your skeleton alone weighs approx. 240 lbs.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend, I think is 7'2" former NBA center. I know he ducks to get in standard building doors. He is on his second Viper.
First was gen II RT10 the second a gen II coupe. I did not help him with the couple but I think he just transfer stuff from the RT10. On the RT10, first he put a racing seat (thinner) and mounted it to the floor. Second the removed the airbag got a second steering wheel and machined it to just a hub the mounted another steering wheel on top to hub to give him knee room between the peddles and the wheel so he could shift

One could also get a quick release hub to get the steering wheel out of the way when getting in and out. Pretty typical for cars with high sided race seats or roll cages. Some would say that you lose a lot of safety by removing the airbag. Others contend that the airbag is not necessary if you are wearing your seat belt. I have been wrestling with that decision because the OEM steering wheel interferes with my clutch leg on my HPDE car.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One could also get a quick release hub to get the steering wheel out of the way when getting in and out. Pretty typical for cars with high sided race seats or roll cages. Some would say that you lose a lot of safety by removing the airbag. Others contend that the airbag is not necessary if you are wearing your seat belt. I have been wrestling with that decision because the OEM steering wheel interferes with my clutch leg on my HPDE car.

I think he installed a 5 point harness so the bag wasn't necessary, A removable steering wheel helps get in and out but not clutch leg knee clearance issues. He basically moved the steering wheel 3 inches farther toward him and away for the clutch peddle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R