Finally Replaced my 99 with an 08

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After totaling my 99 GTS ACR in October I have finally got my replacement. It has been a long process but definitely worth it.
Yesterday I flew from Phila to Washington DC and then for DC to Buffalo NY (it was $400 less this way), then drove the car home
for 6.5 hours. I was undecided on what color I wanted and ultimately decided on the blue with silver stripes. The pictures of the blue &
silver vary greatly and I have never seen one in person. I was not let down when I finally saw the car! The blue really comes alive in person.

It drives like a Bentley compared to my old viper. Obviously it doesn't have the balls of the supercharged 99 but it definitely has nice power
but you need to get to above 4000 rpm to really feel it.

It has Corsa exhaust and Motons. My plans are to put headers, hi flow cats, ported intake and mopar ecu (until they come out with s/c for 08"s)

You must be registered for see images attach

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very pretty. The ride is that much better? I guess I won't look at anything but Gen 3 or 4 to replace my 2003.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. Obviously it doesn't have the balls of the supercharged 99 but it definitely has nice power

Yep, that's what I disliked about my Gen4. But the handling and braking are lightyears ahead though. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy it in good health!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After totaling my 99 GTS ACR in October I have finally got my replacement. It has been a long process but definitely worth it.
Yesterday I flew from Phila to Washington DC and then for DC to Buffalo NY (it was $400 less this way), then drove the car home
for 6.5 hours. I was undecided on what color I wanted and ultimately decided on the blue with silver stripes. The pictures of the blue &
silver vary greatly and I have never seen one in person. I was not let down when I finally saw the car! The blue really comes alive in person.

It drives like a Bentley compared to my old viper. Obviously it doesn't have the balls of the supercharged 99 but it definitely has nice power

It has Corsa exhaust and Motons. My plans are to put headers, hi flow cats, ported intake and mopar ecu (until they come out with s/c for 08"s)

Congrats, and hope to see you at some local shows. We have a C&C every Saturday morning in West Chester (go over to FerrariChat, in the Mid-Atlantic section, where there is always a thread). Bring her to Carlisle as well. If you're ever up for a drive, there are plenty of us around here!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally! Congrats to you

I too was blown away how much I preferred blue/silver over blue/white once I saw them in person

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I will post more pics, and I am sure I will have many questions on mods in the future.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, nice choice on the color combo. I second the come on out to C&C West Chester. There is always something interesting to see there. (Starbucks @ Dilworth Plaza Right off of 202)

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and hope to see you at some local shows. We have a C&C every Saturday morning in West Chester (go over to FerrariChat, in the Mid-Atlantic section, where there is always a thread). Bring her to Carlisle as well. If you're ever up for a drive, there are plenty of us around here!

Thanks for the invite. I work most saturday's but if anything else is coming up I'd like to participate. I don't know any local viper owners. I would think the Phila. area would have a bunch of owners but there isn't even a local club other than the WV/PA which I belong to.

I want to try to make the Pocono Raceway event if they are having it this year.

Thanks Again
Gary

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Gary! Nice color combo. I thought the same thing about the ride when I went from my Gen 2 to a Gen 3. The Gen 3, even though it has less hp than the Gen 4, feels strong below 4000 rpm. The rush is instant like a Gen 2. The Gen 4's different accelerator setup is to blame. My wife's Challenger is similar. I've heard you can do some programming and get rid of most of that but I am not sure what you have to do.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read that changing to the mopar ecu will help. Will need to read up on it.
Thanks

Congrats, Gary! Nice color combo. I thought the same thing about the ride when I went from my Gen 2 to a Gen 3. The Gen 3, even though it has less hp than the Gen 4, feels strong below 4000 rpm. The rush is instant like a Gen 2. The Gen 4's different accelerator setup is to blame. My wife's Challenger is similar. I've heard you can do some programming and get rid of most of that but I am not sure what you have to do.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember telling you that you would not be sorry getting the blue over the black, Now was I right about seeing that color in the sunlight! Fantastic! isn't it!

A1998

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember telling you that you would not be sorry getting the blue over the black, Now was I right about seeing that color in the sunlight! Fantastic! isn't it!

A1998

Sunlight, Moonlight, Fluorescent Light, the color is amazing. Everyone that sees the car that I showed pics to before I bought the car say's they are blown away seeing it in person.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read that changing to the mopar ecu will help. Will need to read up on it.
Thanks

I've got the Mopar ECU - It doesn't really make that much of a difference in throttle feel. Though it does allow you to do some mods and not get a CEL.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm mostly a Gen. II Guy, but I think it would be safe to say you Definitely Upgraded, I doubt you'll EVER look back! Very Nice, I can't believe you haven't changed your Avatar yet! jmo

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm mostly a Gen. II Guy, but I think it would be safe to say you Definitely Upgraded, I doubt you'll EVER look back! Very Nice, I can't believe you haven't changed your Avatar yet! jmo

Thanks Matt. I need to work on the Avatar. Too busy enjoying the car right now.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....The pictures of the blue & silver vary greatly and I have never seen one in person. I was not let down when I finally saw the car! The blue really comes alive in person.....

true, they look great in person, but your looks :2tu: in pics too, congrats

:drive: