Finally, the right exhaust for me.

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After hearing the opinions on Corsa,I hurried up and had to get their 3" system.Was I ever dissappointed.Decel and heavy accel sounds great but I just couldn't live with the ratty,tin idle sound.Different strokes for different folk's;is that ever true. I put the Mopar system on and I cannot be any happier. It finally sound's better than my 2000 vette with the indy exhaust.No bashing here just telling you don't waste hard earned money on opinion's, go hear different system's.

S

SUN RA KAT

Also, different systems sound different when more mods are added.
I was more than extremely happy with my Corsa 3" system with the Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats, Roe Smooth Tubes with S&B Filters, & Roe VEC1.

When I added the Roe Supercharger & 70 mm Throttle Bodies & Roe 70 mm Smooth Tubes the sound level went down quite a bit, but the quality sounded even meaner, if that is possible.

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been thinking about Corsa system w/ high flow cats, now you are making me think. I have never heard corsa or mopar (right now have Snake Oyl only). What is the Mopar system? 3" ? Does it have high flow cats ?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
MOPAR is the BORLA just packaged in a Mopar Box and "Viper" tips.
It's 3" stainless cat-back that replaces the side resonators and then goes straight pipes(no crossover tube/no rear muffler) after that.

I have found that having a crossover tube helps decrease the resonance the GTS gets when running straight pipes after the side resonators. Corsa, Belanger have a balance tube. Snake-oyl will put one in their rear assembly if you pay 'em to.

The sound is personal choice and so many have made exhaust mods it's easy to listen to several types at Viper events to get an idea what you like the best.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MOUNTAINWOLF:
What is the Mopar system? 3" ? Does it have high flow cats ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
G

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOUNTAINWOLF,with my factory header's,ultra high flow random tech cat's the Corsa's idle sounded like marbles rattling around (UPS TRUCK)like.If you want mean,deep,and throaty,get the Mopar.Actually a vendor I know can't understand the craze with Corsa he mention's a few system's that are better sounding. The Corsa tip's are awesome but to me the sound is more important than the look's although I have to say the Mopar 4"chrome slant cut tip's with rolled edges are nice too.Hope you don't make same mistake as I did. good luck!

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks:
I just posted a large list of what I thought I would want to get in terms of exhaust...now I am totally confused.
Is the MOPAR (aka Borla) better than the Corsa???
The only thing I do not like about the Borla is the tips. I do not like the circle within a circle look. The corsa tips look so much better!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NJVIPER

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks:
I just posted a large list of what I thought I would want to get in terms of exhaust...now I am totally confused.
Is the MOPAR (aka Borla) better than the Corsa???
The only thing I do not like about the Borla is the tips. I do not like the circle within a circle look. The corsa tips look so much better!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NJVIPER

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have snakeoly sub exhaust.
it deletes the muffler with straight pipes and nice tips.
if i had the extra cash would get a corsa cat back, high flow cats and belanger headers.
or maybe
just whole belanger system...

the snakeoly subexhaust was only $500 to delete the muffler.

JIM

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Mopar system on my 2001
cool.gif
I agree with you on the Corsa system. I know most like it, but it was to tame for me. I'm thinking about doing the cats and headers, but I don't want a check engine light
nono.gif

OP
OP
G

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NJVIPER,the Mopar tip's are different than the Borla tip's.Not as nice as Corsa tip's but a close second. They're 4" slant cut polished with rolled edge and a cool Viper logo engraved on both tip's. After taking a ride this morning and really hammering the throttle,sound's awesome. Corsa didn't come close to what my Mopar system sound's on accel,decel and IDLE.With my RT high flow cat's,this exhaust mod is the best in my opinion. Oh and about resonnance,very little,less than the stock exhaust system.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best, meanest muscle car sounding exaust I have heard is the full Bellanger setup. I passed when I heard the owner needed to wear earplugs for long trips due to the volume. Really mean sounding! I went with the Corsa/RT cats am very happy with it. I do wish it were louder at times. Check Corsaperformance.com for a realistic sound of the exaust. The R/T cats will make it a bit louder. Check the media site here for a Borla clip. Having Midas replace the muffler with an H pipe is a lot cheaper than the Snakeoyl pipes and sounds better due to the H pipe.
Anything is better than the stock exaust!

Wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter,

I have a combination of TNT headers, high flow cat, and Borla catback and the car sounds great. I was at a Viper dyno event last summer with some other owners and more than a few who thought the Borla's sounded better than the Corsa's.
I also had some reservations about the twin pipe look of the Borla's, but I have seen owners who cut the center portion out and just have one pipe on the end (this will probably increase the temps of the tips a bit, the double walled construction was meant to keep things cool next to the exits).
The Corsa's also stick out of the rear of the car more than the Borla's, this seems to reduce the amount of soot and dust that gets blown back onto the back of the car. I didn't particularly like that look, but some owners like it.

The best thing is to go and listen to other owners and check out their cars, there are going to be differences between all the combinations. It took me a couple of months before I decided, I was lucky that my tech at Valaya had a lot of racers and street cars to compare with. If you have a chance, listen to a car with TNT's, Borla's, and no cats, it will blow you away.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marv S:
MOPAR is the BORLA just packaged in a Mopar Box and "Viper" tips.

I have found that having a crossover tube helps decrease the resonance the GTS gets when running straight pipes after the side resonators. Corsa, Belanger have a balance tube. Snake-oyl will put one in their rear assembly if you pay 'em to.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you put the crossover tube? I have heard that 2.5 inch diameter is the best size for the tube? Is that right?

I know that the Mopar exhaust is made by borla, but is it the same as the exhaust sold by borla (other than the tips)? My Mopar exhaust arrived with a shipping weight of 60 lbs. I thought that the Borla was over 100 lbs.