Finished winter refresh toady: painted calipers/added 6-spoke wheels on GTS (PICS)

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Finished winter refresh toady: painted calipers/added 6-spoke wheels on GTS (PICS

Great work!!!!Looks sweet

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Finished winter refresh toady: painted calipers/added 6-spoke wheels on GTS (PICS

Great job! Don't forget to season the rotors, + bed the pads. It won't have full brake "torque" until you do.
I have finally gotten there. Add that with a final bleed and I now have a nice short pedal and some big break torque. The car is really working great right now. The lighter wheels very much make it "feel" different. The ride is better and when I am behind a left lane bandit on the freeway and barely on the gas there is significantly less buck than with the heavier wheels. It is all good now that the Nitto NT05 are gripping.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score

looks great can;t believe what wheels do for your viper love it

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice improvement. Personally, I'd like your car better with clear fog light lenses and functioning fog lights.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Personally, I'd like your car better with clear fog light lenses and functioning fog lights.
In case you care where that idea came from, as I was investigating the car after I got it I found that the HID conversion on the fog was a horrible mess with the socket and bulbs held on my tie-wraps and silicone so they had to go. I originally wanted to go with ACR-style plugs (which is what is behind my painted covers) but that left the three little slots in the facia that hold the covers. I talked to my body shop guy and he said he could fill the slots so that my facia looked like a 99-02, but that since it was ABS plastic it would look perfect at first, but wouldn't last. The polycarbonate of the covers was beat, so that is when I came up with the idea of painting the covers (I would ahve had to get new covers if I re-installed fog lights). I popped them in and liked the look so I stuck with it. If anyone ever wants to re-install fogs they are good to go.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those 6-spokes are awesome w/ your car! Makes quite a difference.