First Cold Weather Ride !!!!!!!!!

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my SRT 10 out for a first ride in cold temperatures !!! After everything I had read and heard I was extremely careful, because the temperature was at 26 degrees. I was really surprised that the car handled just fine and rode well. I experienced no well slippage or tire spin going around corners etc. I took it real easy at first then applied more and more power. Granted, I did not really get on the accelerator really heavy but just feathered the clutch a litle easier----- NO PROBLEMS ! After everything I have done with this car, I have come to the conclusion that I would have no problems with using this car as a daily driver, if I could only keep people away from it. This is a great car, and I like it more and more every time I drive it. In fact, I can't drive it enough. It almost becomes like an ADDICTION. I have other cars like Vettes etc, but this car is definitely the BEST.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my SRT 10 out for a first ride in cold temperatures !!! After everything I had read and heard I was extremely careful, because the temperature was at 26 degrees. I was really surprised that the car handled just fine and rode well. I experienced no well slippage or tire spin going around corners etc. I took it real easy at first then applied more and more power. Granted, I did not really get on the accelerator really heavy but just feathered the clutch a litle easier----- NO PROBLEMS ! After everything I have done with this car, I have come to the conclusion that I would have no problems with using this car as a daily driver, if I could only keep people away from it. This is a great car, and I like it more and more every time I drive it. In fact, I can't drive it enough. It almost becomes like an ADDICTION. I have other cars like Vettes etc, but this car is definitely the BEST.

And the addiction just keeps on getting worse. When I first got my car , my spouse asked me to go out and get a carton of milk. It was around 7pm , I got back at 2 in the morning............ :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you are right about that. This cars power and torque must always be treated with respect or I'm sure you will pay the price!!

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey VipeRick, I am in Bucks County Pa and have also been driving my Viper in these colder temperatures. Care with the accelerator is needed until the tires heat up and then you are in pretty good shape. Yesterday a family in an Expedition drove up next to me and the kids starting taking pictures of my Viper with their camera phones. Pretty neat stuff in 30 degree temps! Enjoy and be safe!

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah ain't it great, I've owned all kinds of cars but have never had as much attention as this one gets. Someone gives me either thumbs up, takes pictures of my car with cell phones, or falls out of their windows trying to get a better look almost every time I go out for a Run. You should have seen the customers and even a salesman gather around my car at the Corvette dealership when I drove there
a few weeks ago it was really a blast to hear what they said about my car. All were in agreement, much better looking than the Z06

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim