First Dyno

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to get my first dyno done on Wednesday at 5. Is there anything I should know before I go or anything I should expect? I have never seen or had one done before. I will post the results of my 96 RT/10 as soon as I get them. Thanks.

S

SUN RA KAT

Check oil level and make sure all caps are fully tightened.

Put 36 psi in your rear tires to eliminate sidewall flex.

Run your Viper in a spirited fashion to clean your sparkplugs before the dyno.

A bag of ice to cool your intake manifold packed in something that won't melt will give you better numbers. Huge increase in supercharged Vipers, but probably works well for regular Vipers.

Hold your ears during the dyno run - it gets loud.

Get you results SAE corrected before they print your dyno chart.

The above was told to me after I did my 2nd dyno session. I held my ears on both of my runs on my own. I waited an hour (I didn't bring ice) for my supercharger to cool down to below 100 degrees and picked up about 30 more horsepower. I already knew about the SAE correction before doing any of the dynos.

Where are you having your dyno run at? I went to Colletti Motorsports in Centerville right by the high school. I answered your PM about the area Vipers getting together, so everyone else - if you are near the Dayton, Ohio area and have a Viper - let's finally do a get together (like we promised to do last year).

OP
OP
S

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting the Dyno done at Kammer and Kammer in Huber Heights. They were highly recommended some of the big engine builders around the area. Plus I found out that a guy from high school works there. so it should be fun. I'll let you know.

OP
OP
S

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was fun, the car put out 360hp but I cant figure out the rest of the readings. I also didn't get a graph printout so I'm still working on it. Next is to start putting extra stuff on the car and then go back and try it again. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I will keep you posted.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superdavz:

First mod should be smooth tubes and filters. Cheap, good HP gain, and easy do-it-yourself install.

If you're ever up in Columbus, give me a holler.

-J

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh-oh...... here we go again....
288corn.jpg

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave, alot of controversie about the Vipair. I have the Vipair and the cold air filter system from Elite. I like it. I do have a set of smooth tubes from Parts Rack if you want to try them on your car. Let me know and you can pick them up. I also have the K&N filters you can try.
Tony