FIRST ENCOUNTER Z06 MEETS MY VIPER (PICS)

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always keep a digital camera with me and look what i found :nana:

i saw it at a distance and knew it was a c6 but had to get right on it to confirm
it was the much talked about Z06. i wanted to play but we had no openings and
he wouldn't slow to a crawl to at least hit a couple gears. :curse: however the
car in front of him turned and he did hit it ( 2 seconds worth ). when he punched
it the car did take off like are VIPERS but nothing ground moving. the sound was
not very impressive but like the viper it needs exhaust mods. the car looked
nice but not as impressive from what i have been reading. from the rear the Z06
does look fatter then the std c6 but you need to be looking for it.

bottom line IMOP - ALL GEN VIPERS BLOW IT AWAY :headbang:

Z06 - IT AIN'T A VIPER :nana:

it might have the numbers but so does a modified 1962 PINTO WITH A V8 and i
wouldn't want that either. :D

enjoy the pics :2tu:

604120060101_0004-med.JPG

604120060101_0005-med.JPG

604120060101_0002-med.JPG

604120060101_0001-med.JPG

604120060101_0003-med.JPG

604120060101_0006-med.JPG

tom

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new ZO6 is a real cool ride but will always be my second choice after a Viper. :D Nice to have American competition though. Happy New Year also. :2tu:

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am a car freak....I am friends with a LS1 shop owner, specialty shop that has been around for 10+ years. Anyway, with ONLY a cam/header change and NO tuning, he has pulled 575 at the rear wheels. So there is much to come on these babies.

Just an FYI

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not crazy about the body style, but like the performance upgrades-when I saw it come out in Jan05, I decided to buy my GTS instead:)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I am not crazy about the body style, but like the performance upgrades >>

ditto. i especially dont like the look of the back end.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet the guy got a pretty good kick outta the fact a VIPER driver is taking HIS CARS picture... hmmm....

Jon

PS. When is the new BadAzz viper coming out, where the vette guys will start taking our photos again?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I too am a car freak....I am friends with a LS1 shop owner, specialty shop that has been around for 10+ years. Anyway, with ONLY a cam/header change and NO tuning, he has pulled 575 at the rear wheels. So there is much to come on these babies.

Just an FYI

I find it very hard to believe that with ONLY a cam(valve train must be being beat to $hit) and header change that there was a 145 HP gain at the rear wheels. If it's true(which I doubt) then I'll quote Scotty "Captain, she's going to BLOW!". :eek:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just an FYI

I find it very hard to believe that with ONLY a cam(valve train must be being beat to $hit) and header change that there was a 145 HP gain at the rear wheels. If it's true(which I doubt) then I'll quote Scotty "Captain, shes going to BLOW!". :eek:

I agree. NO WAY do you pick up that much HP with just those changes. If so, then I have some property in the Everglades that I would like to sell you. I smell a rat!!
You must be registered for see images

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always keep a digital camera with me and look what i found :nana:

i saw it at a distance and knew it was a c6 but had to get right on it to confirm
it was the much talked about Z06. i wanted to play but we had no openings and
he wouldn't slow to a crawl to at least hit a couple gears. :curse: however the
car in front of him turned and he did hit it ( 2 seconds worth ). when he punched
it the car did take off like are VIPERS but nothing ground moving. the sound was
not very impressive but like the viper it needs exhaust mods. the car looked
nice but not as impressive from what i have been reading. from the rear the Z06
does look fatter then the std c6 but you need to be looking for it.

bottom line IMOP - ALL GEN VIPERS BLOW IT AWAY :headbang:
WELL SAID!
Z06 - IT AIN'T A VIPER :nana:

it might have the numbers but so does a modified 1962 PINTO WITH A V8 and i
wouldn't want that either. :D

enjoy the pics :2tu:

604120060101_0004-med.JPG

604120060101_0005-med.JPG

604120060101_0002-med.JPG

604120060101_0001-med.JPG

604120060101_0003-med.JPG

604120060101_0006-med.JPG

tom
WELL SAID!

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, you guys quick talking bad about the corvette, My mother-in-law just ordered one and she really likes it!! ;-) hehehe(yes its true!)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the last VOI in Dallas, a Dodge manager needed a monster truck to smash a 15 years old Corvette. At that time he was laughing. That manager deserves to be fired. No matter what we think and believe the Z06 has killed the Viper. It's is fact and there is no way to discuss it. I am wondering how long Dogde will continue to make the Viper. I haven't seen any commercial with the Viper in the past years. The Z06 has got a tremendious marketing support.

Will the 2010 Challenger replace the Viper ?!

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sat in a Z06 at the Indy car show last week. Got a real good look at the car. As we all know, the body styling is nothing to get too excited about. Crappy rear end styling, and a front end that looks borrowed from the Viper. The duct on the front looked cheap as well.

As for the interior, the instrument cluster could easily be in a Malibu.

Bottom line, underwhelming styling and interior. No way is this car half as cool as my 01 GTS.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, in the end it is just another Vette that you will and do see at every street corner. But NOBODY can deny the performance of this car.I have never liked the Vette but this one is sure to wake up the sleeping giant!(DC)

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Florida/Sarasota a few weeks ago (at the Viper drag event) there was a new black Z06 at the track. It was stock except drag radials and it turned 11.50's consistently. It sounded very nice...like a 60's muscle car

signed,

Impressed (but not enough to buy one) Viper owner.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

[/QUOTE]

I find it very hard to believe that with ONLY a cam(valve train must be being beat to $hit) and header change that there was a 145 HP gain at the rear wheels. If it's true(which I doubt) then I'll quote Scotty "Captain, shes going to BLOW!". :eek:

[/QUOTE]

I agree. NO WAY do you pick up that much HP with just those changes. If so, then I have some property in the Everglades that I would like to sell you. I smell a rat!!
You must be registered for see images

[/QUOTE]

Don't understand why it's so hard to believe if you know how a engine works and the key to the right combination.

Easiest way to make power on a N.A. motor is the heads. The Z06 is using the same heads as the LeMans C6R wich makes 850hp. It also uses a 11:1 compression which makes more power when mods are applied. Tghus minor changes yields great results.

This is why the 426 Hemi is such a beast it had high compression and HUGE heads. The Viper while is has the cubes hads piss poor heads IMO, it has the same size valves a a 327 Chevy!! It also has a modest 9:1 compression (which is great for boost) but lacking N.A.

Like the Hemi the LS7 427 is choked down, throw on some headers (like the Gen I & II) Vipers and power can be had.

There are several dynos on line to back up the Z06's modibility.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear God..who woulda thought the day would come when there is a post on the VIPER forum about the new cool Vette, with pictures taken from a VIPER of a Vette rolling by. My how the tables have turned. We are doomed.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOM YOU DO REMEMBER THAT JOHN SAT ON YOUR CAMERA ON THE WAY TO NEW YORK.BECAREFULL WHERE YOU PUT IT.IT EXPLAINS THE PICS OF THE RED CAR. :hitfan:

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE CAPS. :D

NYC AUTO IS COMING UP DO YOU HAVE ANY INTREST?? :2tu:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Jamie will be trading his SRT in for one of those new and fancy ZO6's. Like his old SRT, it will be in Holiday Red. Guess he now will be FLOORIN06. When you get the car, please tell us what it feels like to have everyone taking pictures of your car. Us Viper guys just can't resist snappin' a few shots of that Enzo-whoopin' Bowtie goodness. :p

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Jamie will be trading his SRT in for one of those new and fancy ZO6's. Like his old SRT, it will be in Holiday Red. Guess he now will be FLOORIN06. When you get the car, please tell us what it feels like to have everyone taking pictures of your car. Us Viper guys just can't resist snappin' a few shots of that Enzo-whoopin' Bowtie goodness. :p

:buttkick: Welcome back :D

Go fix your tile in your garage.Lol

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the last VOI in Dallas, a Dodge manager needed a monster truck to smash a 15 years old Corvette. At that time he was laughing. That manager deserves to be fired. No matter what we think and believe the Z06 has killed the Viper.
The Vette has not killed the the Viper. Mine still kicks ass! I do agree DC seems to be too comfortable and should be taking a more aggresive aproach to the new Vette.
It's is fact and there is no way to discuss it. I am wondering how long Dogde will continue to make the Viper. I haven't seen any commercial with the Viper in the past years. The Z06 has got a tremendious marketing support.

Will the 2010 Challenger replace the Viper ?!

Have you ever seen a Ferrari comercial on TV? NO of coarse not, it's not a mass production vehicle.
BTW if they stop building the Viper, that would be a good thing for those of us owners :2tu:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lethal is on the money!

The Viper IS assembled by hand to be the most capable, reliable, bulletproof roadcourse supercar able to pass DOT and EPA mandates. The SRT team has years of experience .... AND.... of course, my humble opinion.... is NOT even CLOSE to calling it quits!

....ahem .... can anyone say "LEAPFROG"?

Oh, by the way, the "Dodge Manager" that created the most amazing and professional "David Lettermen-esque" video has been stomping Vettes for years at all our VOI's. His name is Tom Sidlik (an executive VP).... a HUGE Viper fan/owner!

I can only imagine what he has in store for us at the next VOI!!!!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now the discussion is getting interesting....

Ferrari's marketing is in F1. They put a lot of money in that race.
Their products sell really well ( it is not the case of the Viper).
The recent Ferrari production models are good quality and use state of art technology.
They have a very good reputation.
So yes Ferrari has a very strong marketing team in Europe and Middle East.

Joseph,

All cars on the US market must pass EPA and DOT requirements. It`s within the basics.
Being reliable and bulletproof is not enough to sell a car. It NEEDs a good reputation.
Take the Mercedes, they are poor quality but sells really well.

I don't discuss the SRT team's experience but they are left behind the competition withing the highend segment.
Look the Z06 is as good as the Viper was in 1994.
And it is not just about HP but about technology, design and cost.

Not matter what again, if a project doesn't make money directly or indirectly it will be stopped by the accountants.

Those SRT guys delivered a great product with the SRT-8 line.
Why don't they apply a similar philosophy to the VIPER ?!

Adding a basic ESP system with an on/off switch would improve the Viper's reputation a lot. An adjustable ESP would likely boost the sales ...

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do agree DC seems to be too comfortable and should be taking a more aggresive aproach to the new Vette.
Everyone seems to think that DC is just ignoring the Vette... Perhaps so, but, I'm surprised in those that seem to think so with such confidence. Why do you feel DC is ignoring the challenge? Why do you think you would know otherwise? :cool:

It would probably not be a good business decision for DC to tell you otherwise (at least too far in advance), as sales of current Vipers could be reduced in anticipation of whatever new higher horsepower model may be coming. The Nevada club newsletter (Oct/Nov/Dec 2005) had an article about a rumoured upcoming Gen IV Viper with 700 Hp powered by an 8.4 liter V10 for production year '08, and that there will not be an '07 Viper. Perhaps completely unsubstantiated and untrue rumours, but they are at least as valid as the rumours that DC is doing nothing.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy, the problem is not with the futur Viper but with the present one. This viper will not sell. Only those who already own a viper will buy it !

Building a 700 HP viper will not help. The SRT engineers should have followed the same path for the VIPER as they did for the SRT-8 product line => Take the already existing solutions from Benz ... The Viper is very close to be a great car unfortunatly it seems that the engineers quit just before the finish line. This is why the present situation is so sad.