First Road Trip

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went on my first road trip in the Viper this weekend. Wife and I decided last minute to go to my family reunion and show up in the Viper. The trip up was nice, but too many cops on the road for any spirited driving. Still nice cruising with the top down. The back roads around the Hart, Mi were great for showing off the capabilities of the car to the family, especially since my cousin didn't bring his Gen III with better capabilities :).

Noticed some things on the trip up. Firstly the Viper is the first car that I've ever driven that seems to scare slow people out of the left lane. Nearly every time I came up on someone driving slow in the left lane they would glance in their mirror and then do a double take before accelerating and getting over quickly. Very nice indeed. Secondly, I have to learn where the gears are. I often down shifted from 6th to 3rd only to find I was in 5th :doh3:. I think I'm just too paranoid about hitting first, but it's really inexcusable after 2 months.

On the way home we spent the night at a hotel in Hudsonville, Mi. We needed some supplies so I got instructions to a local grocery store from the front desk. When I got there it was cruise night :2tu:. I had to get back with dinner and the car was a complete mess from being driven 300 miles through every bug possible and sitting outside in the dust all day. So I parked way off to the side, but still got some good looks. There were at least 10 vettes there, but I was the only Viper :headbang:. Uneventful trip after that. Just thought I'd share.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang