First Ticket in the Viper

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time. I went out for a ride on Saturday and decided to stop at local restaurant to grab a soda. I pull into the parking lot and notice that there is a local cop in the parking lot talking to another driver. It looked like he was writing up some report for these other people. So I park the Viper in the corner of the parking lot and go to take-out window to grab a drink. I sit there for about 10 minutes finishing my drink. The cop looks like he finished whatever he was doing but he did not leave the parking lot. So I wait another 5 minutes to see if he leaves but no luck. I walk to the car, get in and start to make my way to the parking lot exit. The next think I know, officer friendly is right on my ass with the lights and siren going. Keep in mind that I did not even make it to the parking lot exit. I am thinking to myself what did I do. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. The police officer walks up and asks for the license and registration. I ask him why did I get pulled over? He replies, "You know that you do not have a front license plate on the car". I am thinking to myself, "is this guy for real?". He proceeds to go to his car and write me up a ticket for $54 for no license plate. He hands it and over to me and replies "I know you have a nice car and you don't want to drill holes in the front but that does not exclude you from the law!".

What a bullsh*t ticket. I am sure he pulled me over in the parking lot just because it was in front of everyone. I guess he had to show his authority! :mad:

No way in hell is that license plate going on the front of my car. He can ticket me all he wants. I chalk it up as the cost of driving the car. :cool:

Bandit400

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the bracket handy for the next time and when you spot the cop beat him to the punch and put the plate on for 5 minutes!

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not a "ticket"...that's a "cop out"...literally. Ahh, to "Serve and Protect"...Probably has a VIPER KILL on his wall locker back at the station.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already got two this year both by New York City cops. It's now become a matter of principal with me and I refuse to get a bracket, removable or not. I try to make them feel like the petty ***** they are when they are writing them, since I'm getting it anyway.

I'm wondering what the record is for one year? It's only May, seven months left. :eek:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's bulls@it. Every time I drive a see a cop or two and I've never had a problem. What a [******], That guy needs a real snake shuved up his A$$

syphi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do business with police and rip them off for as much as you can every time. You'll feel better. You can make 100x the ticket quickly. And when you get your next one, you can just smiiiiiillle.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do business with police and rip them off for as much as you can every time. You'll feel better. You can make 100x the ticket quickly. And when you get your next one, you can just smiiiiiillle.
You sound like you own a doughnut store... :D

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time. I went out for a ride on Saturday and decided to stop at local restaurant to grab a soda. I pull into the parking lot and notice that there is a local cop in the parking lot talking to another driver. It looked like he was writing up some report for these other people. So I park the Viper in the corner of the parking lot and go to take-out window to grab a drink. I sit there for about 10 minutes finishing my drink. The cop looks like he finished whatever he was doing but he did not leave the parking lot. So I wait another 5 minutes to see if he leaves but no luck. I walk to the car, get in and start to make my way to the parking lot exit. The next think I know, officer friendly is right on my ass with the lights and siren going. Keep in mind that I did not even make it to the parking lot exit. I am thinking to myself what did I do. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. The police officer walks up and asks for the license and registration. I ask him why did I get pulled over? He replies, "You know that you do not have a front license plate on the car". I am thinking to myself, "is this guy for real?". He proceeds to go to his car and write me up a ticket for $54 for no license plate. He hands it and over to me and replies "I know you have a nice car and you don't want to drill holes in the front but that does not exclude you from the law!".

What a bullsh*t ticket. I am sure he pulled me over in the parking lot just because it was in front of everyone. I guess he had to show his authority! :mad:

No way in hell is that license plate going on the front of my car. He can ticket me all he wants. I chalk it up as the cost of driving the car. :cool:

Bandit400
Damn that was 1 expensive drink,

R

RTED

That is a bull_ _ _ _ ticket. If you really don't want to worry about no license plate on the front, move to Michigan. No plate required on the front of the car....go figure why some States require a plate while others don't!

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in central NJ? I got a [******] ticket in Manalapan because the frame around my plate just barely cut off the bottom part of the letters in "New Jersey" on the bottom of the plate.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ what town? Remind me to stay stay outta that one...Stoops... :p

P.S. Donuts spelled backwards is STUNOD...Fughetabowdit.. :nana:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would have sat there and played the waiting game with the cop....had a few sodas...burgers...fries..I am sure he would have gotten sick of waiting.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He stopped you in the parking lot correct? You might want to check the local laws about writing traffic violation tickets on private property.
I know the cops here won't even get out their pen if it's on private property (even if there is an accident (and I know this from experience)).
Anyway, might be something to look into if you don't wanna pay the bill.

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer! ... I hear a rumor that we will have the front license plate law put into effect sometime in 2007. It was an expensive soda!

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats what I say when I get pulled over for my tint/no front plate, and thats the right attitude! :D

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like mentioned above you may not actually be guilty of no front plate since it was issued in a parking lot. Also, like metioned above...buy the front plate bracket that doesnt require drilling and keep it behind the passenger seat til you need it. If you get busted just stick it on and be on your merry way.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can buy the stick on front plate....run over it a few times and if you get pulled over tell the cop it just fell off :) :)

Another idea is to order one from Dodge and keep the receipt (I'm pretty sure they are back ordered). Next day cancel the order but you'll still have a receipt showing you have done your duty as a upstanding citizen.

And we actually pay them to do this to us??

Bill

OP
OP
B

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nfelmlee and GTS930,

I was in the Jersey Freeze parking lot in Freehold.

I will have to do a little digging to see if the police are allowed to ticket you on private property. The cop did not actually see me enter the parking lot because he was on the other side of the building. Unfortunately, I saw him as I pulled around the building. I parked the car and that is when his keen eye must have noticed the serious violation.

The funny thing is that when I was just about to leave the parking lot, he put on his lights. My guess is that he wanted me to pull onto the roadway. I just stopped dead in my tracks. He stood there for a minute and then finally got out of the car. I was about 10 feet from the exit of the parking lot.

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jersey Freeze eh... I almost had a similar situation at the same place last summer. Cop was talking on his phone in the parking lot when i pulled in, and he just sat there after apparently waiting for me to leave. When I finally gave up trying to wait him out, he pulled out right behind me when I left and followed me out and half way up rt9 right on my bumper. Didn't pull me over though - guess I got lucky or he found something more important to do.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinkin a mechanical contraption that would flip up a plate from under the chin scoop with the flick of a lever inside. WAY COOL! The cop would walk around the front of the car and WALLAH a license plate would be staring him in the face. That would be cool!

O.K Inventors you have your next idea!

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinkin a mechanical contraption that would flip up a plate from under the chin scoop with the flick of a lever inside. WAY COOL! The cop would walk around the front of the car and WALLAH a license plate would be staring him in the face. That would be cool!

That is most likely possible and an excellent idea!

V

venms96

**** it up. You live in Jersey.....you need a front plate and you don't have one. Look at the second post, there's your option, or pay a cheap-as-it-gets ticket.

Also, look at how many times you went 100-160mph....and didn't get caught. So what, you got a $54.00 dollar ticket for no front plate. It's worth every penny owning that car.

Just my .02 of course.

venms96

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** it up. You live in Jersey.....you need a front plate and you don't have one. Look at the second post, there's your option, or pay a cheap-as-it-gets ticket.

Also, look at how many times you went 100-160mph....and didn't get caught. So what, you got a $54.00 dollar ticket for no front plate. It's worth every penny owning that car.

Just my .02 of course.

venms96

venms96, I have to agree with your post. Well said!

Dave

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

That is most likely possible and an excellent idea!

Excellent idea - plate would also double as a "chin protector".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine