First Twin Turbo Gen IV

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Final GTS,

When you go with an aftermarket controller like a Motec on a Gen 4, does the Venom controller get completely bypassed? I was wondering if the things like the antilock brakes, seat sensors, airbags, etc still work. Is there anything that does not work on the vehicle when using a Motec to control the system?

Hopefully we'll see more of these twin turbo type systems that work with a Gen 4.....an 800 to 900 hp ACR would be a blast.

Cheers,
George

Yes, it gets completely bypassed as far as engine controlling goes. It is left on the bus to communicate gauge information. If set up correctly, no, you will not lose anything.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Final GTS,

Almost forgot about this question so I'm bumping the thread. Do all the "other" things (air bag, anti lock brakes, speedo, seat sensors, etc) work when going with something like the Motec?

If I understood an answer to one of the posts, you can't run both together, it's either one or the other :dunno:

Thanks in advance,
George

Yes, all of those items work, but you have to know what should be connected to which controller, and what the VENOM needs to reference. When set up correctly, the worst you will get is a check engine light all the time, but no ill effect. The JTEC can be flashed to remove CEL's, the VENOM cant. The big issue is when someone tries to use a lower end controller to only partially handle the engine, and the VENOM plays tug-of-war with limp modes and other changes in control strategies of what it is still connected to. Such an example would be using an external controller to control Fuel/Ignition, or Variable Cam but leaving the VENOM to control the throttle. The controller will likely not correctly control the throttle system correctly, as it will think there is a major engine issue- what it is "trying" to do is having no effect, so it thinks something is broken, and will drop into Limp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187