Florida Roll Call Report In

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, who made it through the night? Larry M, what did Frances say when you called her a *****? :eek: :usa:

purenrg625

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Florida Roll Call Report In

I am still here, but she won't be hitting us until this evening. We are getting some strong gusts but this is just the beginning. I think my grass grows faster than she moves across the state. When she does get here, I am going out to the front yard in my skivvies and I am going to shake my fist at her and yell, "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!"

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We made it with minimal damage here. We won't have phone service for a couple of days. Ivan **, South Florida region president lost a big chunk of his seawall. I'm just tired of this we have been under storm conditions for 36 hours! This dam thing won't move.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We have major damage here in West palm beach. No power, no water, no cable, but we do have phone service. The eyewall sat 10 miles north of me and moved very slow, so we had strong winds all night long, needless to say I didn't sleep.
That was the strongest hurricane I ever want to go through at my house. Luckily, the house survived pretty well along with the Viper. I will post pictures of the carnage later.
Hope everyone else faired as well as I did.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Power just came back on at the shop about an hour ago.
Makes it kind of difficult when you're trying to get ready for VOI.
Had a tornado nearby.
No "major" damage yet.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife and two boys are in Bradenton..... lots of rain and high winds.They are doing well. Talk to Vern Hill is also in Bradenton ...he is doing fine. Talked to John(Fuelman)C. and his family are doing well....extremely high winds and rain in Orlando.

Once I knew the storm was going to pass above Bradenton , I left, because I did not think I could get out....so I drove out late yesterday afternoon with Chuck Babel. I was a very hairy drive .... driving out of the outer ledges of the hurricane. Gusts were up 60 - 70 mph and rain ..... it proved to be fun drive pulling a 24 foot trailer. I am currently staying at the "Go-cart Kings" house ...Mike Scherzberg's house. Chuck Babel has pushed along to New Orleans.

Hope all is well with the rest of my Florida friends,

Cudaman :usa:

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here in Orlando/Winter Springs......just lots of wind and rain and debris flying everywhere. The creek behind the house is rising. Snakes are safe in the garage. Hummer is taking a pounding. Our pool screen enclosure just got hammered again. Thank you Charley, and now Frances. It is a never ending saga here. Now we have Ivan the Terrible out there waiting its turn to batter Florida down. Hmmmm.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bindy have you heard from Larry Macedo?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was originally scheduled to pick up Shelby3's car at Larry Macedo's shop yesterday. I'm holed up in a motel in North Carolina waiting for the storm to pass so I can get back on the road.

Good luck to you guys down there, looks like you're taking a beating (again).

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone hear from the Macedo's since last evening? I knew I should have listened to Larry and had him install the pontoons on the GTS. :confused: :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have not talked to Larry, but I did talk to Vern Hill, who did talk Larry. Larry has NOT lost power at his shop, but has lost all power to his house. I think the storm is now passing Orlando.I far as I know shop is OK.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

had 50-60 MPH winds here in south west broward.... it's still blowing pretty hard....

west palm is much worse off....

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SRQ fine although still really windy and water is a good 2 feet above high tide, crashing over docks. We'll be fine, just tired and bored.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Glad to hear you made it out safe dragging a 24 foot sail, Ward.

Chad

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My place looks like a tank battle was fought here. House and shop ok, many trees lost, no power since Saturday. Have 12K Onan Diesel Generator being installed tomorrow and direct connected to circut panel. No more worries about power outages again.....(3) more hurricanes coming soon.

Tom

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made it. 11 trashbags of debris and a big pile of tree limbs later. Haven't had power or cable for 4 days now(still waiting). Electric company say's it could be another 5 days. But my Honda is running just fine and making it bearable. Cold showers **** though. My family and cars are all safe and sound.