Fog / Driving Lamp Size

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the max, safe size H3 lamp that can be put in the fog light housing? Stock is 55W. I found a few H3 130 watters from a long time ago that would fit.

Would the stock reflector in the assembly take advantage of the brighter light?

Sometimes it's not just the brightness of the bulb, but rather the combination of the bulb and reflector that projects light further.

Steve

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am using some phillips 100 watt rally bulbs right now. I get them from a co in the U. K. called power bulbs. It's a big difference from the silver stars i had before. And no wiring or relay problems for over a year so far :eek:

Robert

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you put many miles on the lights? Our car gets a lot of miles every year. I like to drive with them on a fair amount--unless I'm going too fast. They seem to attract attention from the front given that are big, very far apart, and very low. ......at least that's how the cop explained it to me when he gave me a ticket a couple years ago.

I wonder how a larger wattage lamp would work in a long hot parade? We do a few of those a year as well. Looks good in a parade with the lights on.

Steve

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have put on about ten thousand miles this year.I have run them in heavy traffic for 45 min, The lens were a little hot but not to bad considering it was 100 degrees outside in the evening. I live in Phoenix :bonker:

Robert

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have put on about ten thousand miles this year.I have run them in heavy traffic for 45 min, The lens were a little hot but not to bad considering it was 100 degrees outside in the evening. I live in Phoenix

Good job on the 10,000 miles! That's the way it should be ;) We get that many as well......just in a little shorter time frame.

Looks like the bigger lamps will work. Thanks for the input.

Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456