Getting desperate finding a part, can you help?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Okay, I've been shot down twice now by online dealers and am starting to get crazy ideas of how to get this stupid part to my door. About a year and a half ago I broke my reverse light bulb socket in my 04. I looked for a replacement at the time and found that the only way I could get a socket was to purchase the entire lens assembly at $70+. Since the socket itself is only $2-5, I was not willing to go this route. However, when I pulled the part number directly from the socket and looked it up online, it is listed exclusively as an export part and no place I've tried to order it from says they can get it for me since I am in the States. I'm getting incredibly frustrated at this point and am hoping a dealer like Woodhouse might be able to give me a hand or maybe someone has a broken housing laying around with a good socket they would be willing to sell me. I have the damn part in my hand. I removed it from the car myself. I KNOW THIS PART IS NOT AN EXPORT PART BECAUSE IT CAME OFF OF MY NON-EXPORT CAR. No one lists the Viper in the fitment charts, I'm guessing because of the very low volume. When I try explaining this to the places I've tried to buy the part from, I get the "sorry, still can't order it" line. The part number is 05288920AA. It's listed as a socket for a few different applications (everything from rear fog lights to turn signals), but not as a Viper reverse light. Can anyone help me?

I'm almost to the point that I would buy it and have it shipped out of the States to a friend, then have them ship it back to me since that seems to be the only way to purchase this part.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Right side. Thanks for looking into it for me. Didn't know if maybe there was a superceeded part number now. Part diagrams don't break out the socket separately from the lens assembly from what I've seen, so I just pulled the number by hand. I'm sure an engineering bill of material for the lens setup would have it identified, but I'm not privy to those.

Reaction score
This may actually be the part you need 4523097 , still available and from my cross checking seems to be the same from 1990 to 2013. would not know for sure unless you order and try it. Please send me a picture of what you have to [email protected] and I will keep digging for you.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not quite. I tried ordering at the local dealer and got that same thing. Mine is a straight plug-in as opposed to the 90 degree style that one is. I'll try to get a picture of it later today when I get home. I think some of the confusion that I've found is the part number I have lists as a tail light socket for most applications, but for the Viper it's a reverse light socket. It's odd because it looks like it uses a two filament bulb and is wired in such a way as to light both filaments together, presumable for extra brightness in a back-up application I'd guess. I could be wrong, have been thinking about pulling the one out of my parent's 03 or from the left side of mine to compare.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite. I tried ordering at the local dealer and got that same thing. Mine is a straight plug-in as opposed to the 90 degree style that one is. I'll try to get a picture of it later today when I get home. I think some of the confusion that I've found is the part number I have lists as a tail light socket for most applications, but for the Viper it's a reverse light socket. It's odd because it looks like it uses a two filament bulb and is wired in such a way as to light both filaments together, presumable for extra brightness in a back-up application I'd guess. I could be wrong, have been thinking about pulling the one out of my parent's 03 or from the left side of mine to compare.
Parts are often common to other vehicles. It is a long shot; but, maybe if you posted a few pictures of what you need, perhaps someone could come up with an equivalent part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm, one of those does look pretty close. I may have to swing by there on my way home and see if they have one in the store. I figured it couldn't be that specific, it's just a light bulb socket. The stock piece is a little weird because it's a two piece socket and a three pin cavity that only uses two pins, but I might be able to rig up one of those Duralast parts to light both filaments together.

OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looking into salvage stuff now as well. There's some confusion on them as well as several places seem to think they are included in the rear light harness. All of the tail light plugs are integrated into the rear light pigtail harness, but the two bulbs in the reverse light (reverse and turn signal) are separate sockets that the harness plugs into. I've got one place doing some digging now. Worst case if they don't sell the socket separately maybe I can get a deal on a broken lens housing with a good socket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude