Foot caught clutch pedal and pulledit back too far!

luketrot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting out of my Gen 3 viper my foot caught the back of the clutch pedal and pulled it back too far. It appears to have separated the clutches master cylinder. There is a c clip that popped out and fluid leaking. The clutch pedal now wants to rest much further back then it should. Any suggestions?

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with brantdw. I've never had issues with other cars, but do with my Gen IV. I'm 6'2 and wear an 11.5 shoe, so my feet take up some room.

My solution was to buy a couple pairs of Puma Motorsports shoes. I know I may sound like a ********* for wearing "motorsport" shoes in my street car, but it solved a real problem. Currently wearing the Puma Ferrari Future Cat M2. I usually leave the shoes in the car and wear them only when driving.

http://www.shop.puma.com/men/footwear/motorsport/23230,en_US,sc.html

OP
OP
L

luketrot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Foot caught clutch pedal and pulled it back too far!

Looks like the spring should pop back in place but I wasn't successful working on the floor. I suspect the clutch master Cylinder will need to be removed. Any guides online on how to remove it? Anyone else have this issue of the clip holding the master cylinder together coming out?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Replace the Master Cylinder. There is no way you will get it back together in the car, and special tools are needed to get the seal back in the tube in one piece- and chances are something is damaged for that to happen in the first place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte