For any DIYers in NoVA

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Advanced Auto Parts is running an "oil change special" right now...5 quarts of Mobil-1 synthetic and a filter for something like $27. 10 quarts of oil and a 2 filters for under $60...heck of a deal! I changed the oil in the Charger today because I couldn't bring myself to pay the dealer $120 to do it. :D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in there the other day and noticed the deal. It expires at the end of this month. I plan on going there today and getting two sets, although not for the Viper. It would be a pain the a$$ to open 10 - 1 quart containers when I could buy 2 - 5 quart containers from Walmart. I also think Walmart would work out to the same price if you went with the 2 - 5 quart containers and Mobil 1 filter.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in there the other day and noticed the deal. It expires at the end of this month. I plan on going there today and getting two sets, although not for the Viper. It would be a pain the a$$ to open 10 - 1 quart containers when I could buy 2 - 5 quart containers from Walmart. I also think Walmart would work out to the same price if you went with the 2 - 5 quart containers and Mobil 1 filter.

I went to WalMart first, but they didn't have the 0w-40 that the Charger calls for, so this place was next in line.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the 5 quart containers are actually cheaper than Walmart. That's a first! I ended up buying two sets of oil/filters for Magnum and my Pontiac.