For those who missed the Motorweek review of the 2008 Viper . . .

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANOTHER disappointing test. This time it's Automobile magazine.

08 Viper SRT-10 against a C6 Z06 Lingenfelter Vette.

You gotta read this crap. They are trying to 'presume' what the Viper will be up against when chevy starts selling the blue-devil, SS, or whatever it will be called.

Viper 1/4 mile in 12.1 @123.

No, I don't really care about the numbers when I'm buying or driving. I just wanted to see a BIG IMPROVEMENT from all the hard work DC put into this revamped Viper! Everyone was talking about the car getting into the low to mid 11's. It isn't happening.

So again the question: Why would I spend the extra money for a car that will net me a couple tenths at the drag strip, and STILL be a drivers race against a C6 Z06?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So again the question: Why would I spend the extra money for a car that will net me a couple tenths at the drag strip, and STILL be a drivers race against a C6 Z06?

Yes, the Automobile test is bs. They didn't go get a blown, tuner Viper for comparison to the new Z06 when it first came out. That magazine shows total bias for GM.

I owned an '05 Viper and I never liked the feeling that for all its looks, it couldn't quite back it up on the street (without a blower). As for the '08, it's at least 3 tenths faster than the '03-'06 that it replaces (forget comparisons to the Z06). Handling and power transfer have also been improved with the revamped drivetrain, so on a track, the Viper's improvement will be even more pronounced. ... And the '08 MSRP is less than the '06 that it replaces!! That was enough for me to sell my '05 and order an '08.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave