Ford GT - How much will I have to spend?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that dealer markup could be as much as 100 large. NFW I'm doing that but I am willing to pay list. Am I being realistic?

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After talking to a good friend at Ford they will be going for $300,000 plus. Must be nice for the salesman..

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After talking to a good friend at Ford they will be going for $300,000 plus. Must be nice for the salesman..

I think you might see 200k at the offset,and then gradually lowering prices almost immediatly.If someone pays 300k for that car,well,that would be pretty funny.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olathe Ford is getting two! Larger Ford Dealer. They are asking $300k each.

I am sure many will sell for 300. Ball players have deep pockets.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BMW Z8's traded for $220+ when they were first released; about twice list. Much less now of course.

I've heard the $300K number for the GT but don't know if that's dealer ask or buyer bid. More likely greedy-dealer ask. They will certainly trade for way more than $149,000 the first year...most dealers get only one, a very few get 2 and a bunch get 0. Supply and demand. Wait a couple of years and you can have a nice low miles car for $100!

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford is not going to produce as many of these as Dodge did the Viper or BMW the Z8. Prices will probably remain high as long as demand exceeds supply.

But like DrumrBoy, I'd like to find one in about 5 years for 80-90K.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BMW Z8's traded for $220+ when they were first released; about twice list. Much less now of course.
Everytime I see a Z4 or Z8 I have to look 2 or 3 times at it in order for me to tell the difference. Not too impressed with the $100K+ Z8 (Z4 lookalike).

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old man passed up his opportunity at list...twice! Doh! (insert smacking forehead icon here)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my name on a few dealers lists for almost two years now. several have said if they get a car the dealership owners were going to keep them. I also will be willing to pay list IF the performance comes in significantly better than my SRT. If the Street coupe comes in to view in a timely fashion that also may change my decision. I will NOT pay over sticker for a car still in production(at least not much if at all). the price will come down. they will end up making appox 3,500-5,000 of these cars that is no small number in the terms of a LIMITED production car. sticker or less, w/ the caveat that the perfromance be stellar(even if i have to wait)!

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should add that had Dodge released a Gen III Coupe I would no interest whatsoever in Ford GT. It just frosts my ****** that Dodge can't see the light.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.....hold off if you are on the fence and get one with low miles in a couple of years for 100 or below, especially once Vipers start beating them on the tracks.

AC

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala