Fort Worth area ...any ideas?

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Fort Worth in February with about five other guys and we will have a Friday night and Saturday day to kill - any suggestions? We are going to the Robert Earl Keene concert at Billy Bob's Saturday night and I don't think everyone wants to golf that day so any ideas would be appreciated.
I am guessing that the drinkin will start on the plane so everyone should be pretty loose by the time we get into Dallas.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You certainly can't go wrong at Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth or either the Stockyards where Billy Bob's is. I'll poke my nose around for some activities though, as the afore mentioned are usually centered around drinking and eating. That may or may not be too much before concert night. I do live in south Fort Worth BTW... :D

Shoot me a PM with the days you're talking about.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on what day in Feb it is, the stock show may be on then too. For Fri night when you arrive, do Sundance square then one of the great restaurants around Billy Bob's on Sat night. There are two or three really good golf courses close too if you descide to try golf. Texas Motor Speedway has some great race car things to do on Sat afternoon as well. Ft Worth is full of neat stuff, you won't be bored. The King Tut exhibit is in Dallas and it's great too. So pick your poison and you will love Robert Earl!

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Cheryl, I may check out the stock show. I'm hauling horses up to the Black Hills stock show later this month. We ride in the hills near Custer/Mt Rushmore during the day, go to the rodeo in Rapid City at night and then we play guitars in the bars in Custer until they kick us out. We may compete in the team penning if it works into our schedule. Point is, it is definately something I would enjoy.
I'm not sure what the rest of this crew will be in to. I thought maybe some extreme gocarting or something that will get the adrenaline going.

Dave, We'll be there Feb. 21 - 23. I'm sure we'll be doing plenty of drinking and eating so anything interesting that can be done while drinking and eating would be a bonus. We did the exotic game ranch thing for a few days last year but our time is much more limited this trip (it was sponsored by Ducks Unlimited - Hunting with Jeff: Guided South Texas hunts for Trophy Whitetail Deer, Rio Grande Wild Turkey, Bob White Quail, Pheasant, Ducks, Geese, Wild Hogs, Mourning Doves, Whitewing Doves, Black Bass, Axis Deer and/or Blackbuck Antelope).

It sounds like Sundance Square is the place to go - what would we find there?

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If excitement is what you are after, then Texas Motor Speedway and driving on the infield track will be your best bet on Sat. Texas Driving Experience runs the deal so look at their website. You will have plenty of time to do the track and still get to Billy Bob's for Robert Earl. Their are also go kart tracks where you can simulate driving on the race track that are lots of good practice. You can spin, slide, etc. You can also rent Harleys and ride all over the place if any of you bike. Sundance Square is just restaurants and bars in downtown Ft Worth. If you like to play guitar with the band and close down the bars, then you will find more opportunity for that on North Main in the Stockyards area around Billy Bob's for Fri night. Be safe and have fun!

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Texas Driving experience and/or the karts would be great. Thanks for the input - it is greatly appreciated!!!:2tu:

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Texas Driving Experience drives Z06's (if you can't bring your own car)but it's really fun and worth the money to drive at Texas Motor Speedway. There is also a group that drives Nascars on laps around the oval. TDE drives the road course on the infield. Just pick one, they are both great and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets