You must be registered for see images attach

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Once the ACR comes out, the GTS Viper will look like a clown car.

I don't know about a clown car, but the Gen V will most surely turn some heads in the regular coupe form. However, in a ACR form that would resemble GTS-R in width and proportions will leave people's jaws dropped. Heads won't just turn, necks will break.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't be that low obviously but if it has the styling cues anything like that game over.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Seriously? Those are screen shots of a game? Wow, I'm really out of touch with the gaming world. I thought they would still look cheesy and low rez or something.
:idea: Me thinks my son needs a new video game other than football and basketball stuff he likes. :D

... he just walked in while typing this and said "let's get it!" ha ha

It won't be that low obviously but if it has the styling cues anything like that game over.
Ha ha ... pardon the pun - right?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in love with the red/white. Harkens back to the glorious days of the Oreca dominance.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a reasonable compromise is to meet somewhere half way. The front of the ACR doesn't need to be as wide as the GTS-R, put in in between that and the regular Gen V. The rear should be as wide, but if not, also meet in the middle. Add 1 1/2" to each side.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a reasonable compromise is to meet somewhere half way. The front of the ACR doesn't need to be as wide as the GTS-R, put in in between that and the regular Gen V. The rear should be as wide, but if not, also meet in the middle. Add 1 1/2" to each side.

I just don't think they would undertake a complete redesign of the car for the ACR version as far as the body panels, too costly.
Probably suspension tweaking, stickier tires, LESS WEIGHT and of course aero.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't think they would undertake a complete redesign of the car for the ACR version as far as the body panels, too costly.

Exactly---and the less weight won't be easy...

Bill

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're probably right that they won't, but they definitely can. Chevy managed to do it with the Z06 (albeit higher volume) and again with the ZR1. Both are wider than the base C6 and both look light years ahead of the C6. The base C6 looks so boring to me I'd rather have a mustang GT.

That is unless Ralph listened to years of ranting on Viper forums and knew from the beginning that a wide body ACR would do more for the brand than all other efforts combined. That way they could have rolled the cost and tests into the development of the race car and standard Gen V.

Last edited:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly---and the less weight won't be easy...

Bill

True, but there are a list of things that they could do without too much hassle, but no doubt would add cost.

1. Lighter clutch. Bad Boyzz has a setup that is 24lbs lighter than stock I believe. Just need to find a design that wouldn't be hard to warranty.
2. I'm sure wheels can still be made lighter. Something like ADV SL series.
3. Carbon brakes.
4. Lighter "racing seats." (Could probably save 25lbs per seat over the Sabelt without compromising too much.)
5. Titanium exhaust system.

I bet those could achieve 125-150 lbs easily.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but there are a list of things that they could do without too much hassle, but no doubt would add cost.

1. Lighter clutch. Bad Boyzz has a setup that is 24lbs lighter than stock I believe. Just need to find a design that wouldn't be hard to warranty.
2. I'm sure wheels can still be made lighter. Something like ADV SL series.
3. Carbon brakes.
4. Lighter "racing seats." (Could probably save 25lbs per seat over the Sabelt without compromising too much.)
5. Titanium exhaust system.

I bet those could achieve 125-150 lbs easily.

6. Lightweight battery
7. Remove sound deadening

SRT has a chance to really do something extra special with this new ACR. Lets hope everything falls into place so a GTSR-like ACR can be a good overall business case for Sergio. If the regular Viper doesn't sell this may all be a moot point anyway.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Maybe a little easier than I thought! Lots of good ideas...and possible because most of the changes are just components, not requiring a bunch of tooling expense.

Bill

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never gonna happen butttt....

10. Center lock wheels and hubs. Saves weight of 24 lug nuts and 24 studs.
11. Carbon fiber sideview mirrors.
12. Lightweight quick release steering wheel for ******** model.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should probably save that for the 'X' version. ******** can stay with the radio delete and carpet removal. Losing AC is a HELL NO here.

I agree but it can be an option like the ******** Gen 4 had radio delete.
******** track guys don't need it. AC compressor and parts must weigh considerably.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gray around the fog lights is ugly is there anyway to make that body color?

SRT could definitely make an ACR with everything that everyone wants, but if there making a car for a profit its probably going ridiculously expensive if they make it lighter, wide body and so on. But hey if it could steal Lamborghini buyers then it just might work.

Also with the removable steering wheel suggestion I doubt that is legal haha.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No and believe it or not I can't paint the car any metallics. When I do 'body-in-white' and remove the sponsors the car becomes white but the roof and hood stripes remain in color to whatever you choose. So I can still do solids and stripe combos. Maybe Austin can remove the spoiler and fill in the fog surrounds.

--RS

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No and believe it or not I can't paint the car any metallics. When I do 'body-in-white' and remove the sponsors the car becomes white but the roof and hood stripes remain in color to whatever you choose. So I can still do solids and stripe combos. Maybe Austin can remove the spoiler and fill in the fog surrounds.

--RS

How are you removing the sponsors? I had to purchase a solid design.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That black/yellow looks super sharp! I'm not a yellow kind of guy either.

Why did the guys at Forza choose to paint the car primer gray instead of the metallic gray that the car REALLY is? smh

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I designed this tonight.

--RS

Members online