Found a nail in my rear tire with only 700 miles on it, can I use it at VOI?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tire is a Michellin Pilot Sport Cup, do I need to get a new tire for track use at VOI??

Thanks
Andy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can only offer an opinion on Pilot Sport (NOT Cup)...if properly repaired using a plug that is part of a patch on the inside, tire should be OK for highway use...and, therefore VOI since you will only be lapping at moderate speeds at VOI.

If, however, you mean Viper Days AFTER VOI.8, the answer from the Chief Tech will likely be "NEW TIRE"...which you could get from Bobby Archer.

Good luck, and have FUN !!

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So VOI is not a lot of heavy driving in your own car, right? Great, I'll have it fixed in Dallas.

Thanks
Andy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There are a variety of driving events at VOI 's in general...but, I cannot speak to those scheduled this year as I am not attending.

In the past, there has been an all day cruise...one can drive one's own Viper or travel in a bus that is provided.

As far as track driving, it is generally in the 60 mph range, with an instructor in many/most of the cars...speeds kept down by large numbers and the fact that some drivers have NEVER been on the track before this event.

PERSONALLY, I will NOT DRIVE on a tire that has been repaired while in a "performance car"....especially Vipers, Porsches, Ferraris, etc....period !!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy new tire. I'm sure they will be available at VOI at the tract.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21