Found a signed piece from Dodge on my car!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I took the battery out of my car, I found a signature and date inside the rear bumper.

It says: Ben 8-1-94 and then something else I can't make out, P 1 1 or something.

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pulled my battery a few weeks ago out of my 97 and saw the same thing. I dont remember the details but it had a womans name and a date on the inside of the rear bumper on the drivers side in thick black ink. I bought my car used and was worried it was a replacement bumper or something. However it sounds like maybe they just came that way?

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just purchased my '97 B/W GTS last week and while up on the lift for a good bottom side detail, I noticed 2" x 2" stick-on tags signed by someone at the factory all over the car. Believe it or not, they were still attached in the wheel well, exposed to the road side. I guess this proves this car didn't see any wet weather. As I was wiping the underside down, I almost removed them until I realized what they were. Considering cleaning them carefully then spraying a light coat of clear over them. How's that for being anal-retentive!

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have those same stickers on my '97 (been in the wet at least once with me). Look like they are from the supplier perhaps(?) I was worried it meant that some were 'new' pieces until I saw the date, which preceeded the MDH. Did anyone else notice the engine build date hand marked on the drivers side of the block near the starter?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a case of Worker's Pride!

Sweet!

You gotta appreciate Viper Builders who are proud of this hand built Rocket Ship!

Jay K.

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have found signed 'sticker' and markings on my 02 GTS. Funny thing is I also have signed peices on my '03 Vette on the transmission casing. I also think that it may be a sign of pride in workmanship, as both the GTS and Vette have been outstanding in build quality, fitment, and reliability. I hope this is a growing trend among some to take pride in their job, what ever it may be. Mercedes does this on their AMGs with an engraved signature plate affixed to the top of the supercharger on my E55.

Sniper, you've got some super sweet photos in your gallery !

Anyway, just thought I'd share the info...
:usa:

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff is fun to find. It's all over mine. A lot is assembly code, quality control and supplier tags. I've restored a # of '70, '71 Mopar muscle cars. When doing a proper resto all the marks are recorded and faithfully replaced. They used daubs of paint colors to indicate drive ratios, spring rates, assembly completions, etc. They're usually buried under layers of grease and dirt but they eventually show up. Probably more than you wanted to know, but interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456