Found This in My Tire

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don`t know if someone did this or pick it up some where.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The way it's wedge in there (long part first) looks as if someone may have did it intentionally. Stood it up behind your tire so that when you backed up, it would puncture through it. Could be wrong though.

Either way, that *****!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a hitch pin typically used to attach farm implements to a 3 point tractor hitch. If the ring is opened (the one in your picture is flattened) part way the pin could stand upright on the ground.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt somebody did that deliberately. It would be VERY HARD to do that manually. Maybe stood it up behind the car.

BTW, it your tires have usable tread, that should plug up really well. There's no need to go buy replacement tires. I've had a plugged tire for many thousand miles now.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it's right in the middle of your tire, I would say SABOTAGE. But then again, my wife keeps saying I'm a negative person.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recognise that clip. I put a set of aftermarket TSW wheels on my wifes commuter tdi beetle years ago it and it came with those useless clips so the center cap / nut wouldn't back-off, it didn't take much for the clip to come off.

If you see remnants of chrome plating peeling off it, it could be one of those wheel clips. I'd assume your back tire caught it on the road.

Edit - Found a link to some pics, see the models such as spindle, hockenheim, eurace, zenon, air, avis, fury, etc.. we had a set called the fly on the beetle, didn't help the car, still looked dorky..

http://www.tsw.com/productline_classic.php

Last edited:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wife's jeep liberty once had a flat tire and upon closer inspection we found a wrench sticking out of the tire.

In my younger days I worked at a Walmart Tire lube express and found a wrench in a tire too. I couldn't believe it when i pulled the tire off the wheel

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to push a blunt piece of metal into a tread, through the rubber and the belts. There is no way.

I've had a small piece of rebar stuck in my tire before. I'd guess what happens is that the front tire runs over it, flipping it up just long enough to get poked into the rear tire, if the other end gets caught in the pavement to hold it from slipping away..

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to work in a automotive repair shop many, many moons ago. i saw alot of crazy things stuck in tires. the weirest one i ever saw was a key. you know, like the ones that unlock the front door to your house?! :omg:

ya just never know. :dunno:

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to work in a automotive repair shop many, many moons ago. i saw alot of crazy things stuck in tires. the weirest one i ever saw was a key. you know, like the ones that unlock the front door to your house?! :omg:

ya just never know. :dunno:

Same here. Saw a combo wrench embedded in a tire once.

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely won't need a replacement tyre, assuming you didn't drive very far with a flat, (that can damage the side walls apparently), I picked up a screw in my right rear a few weeks ago, got it plugged up fine and all has been ok since...

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to check your tire pressure(s) after repairs or replacements. I learned this, almost the hard way, when I had my '96 tires replaced. I ran the car up to 120 and almost lost it; the dealer had inflated one of the tires to 65 psi.

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is that an MMX3 tire? if so I'm surprised the pin went through it the rubber must be so hard, get some new ones. If its not then move along, nothing to see here.