Four minute engine install.

Sccoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a timelapse video of a Viper GTS engine build from the shortblock up and installed into the chassis. Everything went pretty smooth except the oil filter seal poping out when first started. You see the oil all over the floor at the end of the video. I guess it serves me right for using a cheap Fram filter, but it was just for warm up and then a good filter and synthetic oil went in. Oh well. Enjoy.

Jason

YouTube - Dodge Viper Engine Build and Install from Shortblock up in 4 Minutes.

DVSGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's pretty neat. I wish that job took 4 mins... haha!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWSOME! I like. Nothing quite like a weekend packed into 4 minutes.

Too bad no burnout at the end......haha...........

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a neat video. I can't believe you actually built the motor on top of your tool box, that's crazy!

OP
OP
S

Sccoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a neat video. I can't believe you actually built the motor on top of your tool box, that's crazy!

Yes, that was a little crazy, but the oilpan is pretty big and flat so it didnt wobbly around. My engine stand wouldnt hold it, so the toolbox it was.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now that i think of it.....DLM over charged me for taking out and reinstalling my engine. gonna have to talk to doug :)

OP
OP
S

Sccoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool! :2tu:

One question, the engine hoist underneath the Viper....have you found a new function for it as a transmission jack? :confused:

You got it! I needed a little lifting help to get the tranny mount into place and get the bolts in. I didnt have a tranny jack so I used what I had. You'll also notice my fancy Craftsman toolbox/engine stand, as my REAL engine stand wouldnt hold it, and the smaller toolbox/tranny stand. :lmao:

I'll admit I'm kind of a get it done without excuses sort of person. :)