FREE HEAD!!!!!(s)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG! I dunno if any of you guys frequent the "other" place but for November they are GIVING AWAY a set of ported and polished heads from heffners along with roller rockers and a whole bunch more. Costs nothing to enter all ya gotta do is have a good time. The total prize package is valued at 5K!!!

Who wants in?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're that desparate?
They had to have bought them from Jason, not donated. Jason's a friendly, great guy but I don't see him handing them over for free. Please, CORRECT me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
desperate? yeah right. It's just FUN

And yes is was all donated, get over there and talk about it if you doubt it. A laptop was given away last month. This month it's an XBOX or PS2 with 3 games. Othar past giveaways include a 5 megapixel camera and a 19 inch flat screen monitor and video card.

All for fun and all prizes were donated.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're that desparate?
They had to have bought them from Jason, not donated. Jason's a friendly, great guy but I don't see him handing them over for free. Please, CORRECT me if I'm wrong.

A site contributor donated funds for the heads. Heffner is donating the T&D's and an Airbox for FREE. :eek:

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're that desparate?

Who gives a crap, it's free to you either way. :laugh:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A laptop was given away last month. This month it's an XBOX or PS2 with 3 games. Othar past giveaways include a 5 megapixel camera and a 19 inch flat screen monitor and video card.

Craig, your such a geek. You completely forgot about the truly valuable prize I won - Griots Garage low profile jack and four stands you could park a M1 tank on.

Although I also could have really used that flat screen to replace my 10 year old monitor.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're that desparate?

you sir are an idiot! how can you knock something before trying it? you get all these great benefits here? ohhhhhhh ok, you dont actually own a viper, i see :rolleyes:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A laptop was given away last month. This month it's an XBOX or PS2 with 3 games. Othar past giveaways include a 5 megapixel camera and a 19 inch flat screen monitor and video card.

Craig, your such a geek. You completely forgot about the truly valuable prize I won - Griots Garage low profile jack and four stands you could park a M1 tank on.

Although I also could have really used that flat screen to replace my 10 year old monitor.

And my Valentine V1!!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you sir are an idiot! how can you knock something before trying it? you get all these great benefits here? ohhhhhhh ok, you dont actually own a viper, i see
Sooo sorry I can only be an enthusiast at this stage. I'm in a young state of life, like you never were, I guess. I assume you were born at your age and with your set income so you could get the Viper whenever you wanted. I'm so sorry I couldn't have been born some X amount of years ago and be your age, work hard to get my money, and buy a Viper. But it's ok, I'll take the blame for not being born earlier than what I was. :rolleyes: So who's the idiot? Considering that I'm a very young man and haven't had the chance to establish a career, let alone complete college, and you're blaming me for this? All because I don't have the financial status most 19 year olds don't anyway? Please, don't forget I'm 19. Most 19 year olds can't afford Vipers, let alone their nice cars if their family had not handed the cars to them (just basing off the towns I've lived in). Because if you don't consider this, it'll make you seem like you fit the "idiot" remark, but it seems you've already done that.

P.S.- I never said I get benefits here like donations. But I do get to converse with respectful VCA members here and I do consider that a benefit (not knocking alley).

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you sir are an idiot! how can you knock something before trying it? you get all these great benefits here? ohhhhhhh ok, you dont actually own a viper, i see
Sooo sorry I can only be an enthusiast at this stage. I'm in a young state of life, like you never were, I guess. I assume you were born at your age and with your set income so you could get the Viper whenever you wanted. I'm so sorry I couldn't have been born some X amount of years ago and be your age, work hard to get my money, and buy a Viper. But it's ok, I'll take the blame for not being born earlier than what I was. :rolleyes: So who's the idiot? Considering that I'm a very young man and haven't had the chance to establish a career, let alone complete college, and you're blaming me for this? All because I don't have the financial status most 19 year olds don't anyway? Please, don't forget I'm 19. Most 19 year olds can't afford Vipers, let alone their nice cars if their family had not handed the cars to them (just basing off the towns I've lived in). Because if you don't consider this, it'll make you seem like you fit the "idiot" remark, but it seems you've already done that.

P.S.- I never said I get benefits here like donations. But I do get to converse with respectful VCA members here and I do consider that a benefit (not knocking alley).

Viperzilla, the point Redsnake is making (and he is correct) is that saying "they are that desperate" leads one to conclude that you are not receptive of the idea of free heads. Why would that be? Who in their right mind what not be excited? So, your comment was not pertinent. And don't apologize because you don't have a Viper, that is ridiculous. If you are 19 it is only normal (as you have indicated). Hell, I only got my Viper this spring.

Lots of guys at the other site don't have Vipers...no big deal, it's all about having fun. You have to admit the prizes are mind blowing. You should take a look.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah the next media blitz. Maybe you can sell out Comerica stadium for the Tigers by giveaways. Oh, that's right, the Tigers already do that. ALways wonder about a business that needs to give away "gifts" to get customers. If something is that good you should not need financial incentives for participating. :)

But, if that is the way it is being played out, let the board incentives begin. Okay VCA what giveaways do you have planned???

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the alley isn't giving away stuff to draw more members in, it's for fun.

Yeah sure the VCA is giving away an SRT but it ain't free. The odds at the alley of winning this prize are gonna be about 1 in 100 so you have a better chance of actually winning.

We don't care if it lands any new members or not, just thought I would pass along this info for anyone wanting free horsepower just for having a good time.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why advertise it here if it is not intended to lure people to the alley?

I get the impression that the definition of "fun" over there is a little contorted. Let's see. Defamation, slander and vulgarity. Gifts do not fit in that well unless it is consolation of some sort.

Yep, that is exactly what Webster's definition is. Laughing with each other is fun. Laughing at someone is only fun for the party laughing. I see a lot of "laughing at" happening there. That means someone is the target. Maybe the gifts are intended to keep the "targets" coming back for more so you have people to have fun with in the smack fests.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And don't apologize because you don't have a Viper, that is ridiculous. If you are 19 it is only normal (as you have indicated).
My "apologies" were meant to be very sarcastic. To me, the way RedSnake said his stuff, made it sound like it was MY fault I didn't have a Viper.

Concerning the Alley's giveaways, the reason I typed, "are they desperate?", is because I thought that was another way for the Alley to "recruit" new members, kinda like what they were doing when Smokin and some others were rallying up some threads for Alley support here a few weeks ago. If I had a Viper, I may have joined just to have a shot at the free mods. But something makes me think you have to have a certain amount of posts, be a member for a set amount of time, or take a certain amount of bashings (kidding on the last one). Again, another "daring" theory, but again, correct if I'm wrong. Appears as SRT has the same thinking that I do about the give-aways in his first post (we were both writing our second posts at the same time).

Craig, I don't think anyone (especially me) thinks that you are trying to rally some Viper Club members to the Alley. Could you explain why the odds of winning are so low? I thought they'd have more members than 100.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ****! I didnt know you won the V1! Next time I see you
up here I am gonna pinch it.

Ah, but I don't have it with me in Virginia, use there would be illegal.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for Craig, but personally I'd rather NOT see a recruitment drive. It improves the odds for the people who have been there all year and keeps from "diluting the pool" (if you catch my drift).

The site been fortunate to be able to do things for its members because of some generous people. That said, VA is not for everyone - it is rough around the edges and full of "colorful" characters. Many are repeat offenders and have been "uninvited" from many web sties (not just here). Thin skined people will probablyu find themselves offended at one point or another.

Nobody is desperate - that implies that we have something at stake. We don't. The site is funding by its members for its members.

Everyone has a choice - personally I think anyone reading this should avoid the Alley. It improves my odds.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah the next media blitz.

No media blitz - just giving Viper owners a heads up and a chance at some great prizes. The site makes no profit and has no advertising. The giveaways are not funded by the Alley, rather they are funded by individual contributors who enjoy the site and want to give back to the membership..the way a club should be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang