Freshly Powder Coated

ENY7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got the wheels out of the oven. This color is Spartan Bronze. Mostly a gun metal gray with a hint of bronze. I thought it would really show well with the red calibers behind. I didn't want pure black, but this is a really dark gray and looks black in the shade. The light brings out the metal flake. Will update when I get it back on the ground outside with new tires. These are the first Viper wheels my guys have done. They did a good job. I hope the tire people get the tires back on with out screwing up the job.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 170
  • logo2.gif
    logo2.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have an experienced tire shop that has worked with powder coat install the tires. ASK Questions!! I had an inexperienced shop try to do it and they messed up the powder coat on one of my black wheels. Went to another shop and asked if they had experience with powder coat and they said "yes, we do them all the time" needless to say they did not damage the powder coating.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of powder coated wheels, isn't that the stock finish on gen2 ACR wheels? Not sure of color? What can you expect to pay to have a set of four done?

OP
OP
E

ENY7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
100/wheel for a viper size wheel with quality powder in any color you want

50/wheel for a standard black or white on a clean small steel wheel, nothing fancy, like a trailer wheel

75/wheel if you want the color in the pix above, just b/c we've already bought the powder for my car and have a ton left over.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Reminds me of the color of my wheels, a natural flat dusty gray that actually refinishes itself everytime I drive.

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very nice! Congrats! Can't wait for pics when they are all on the car? Are you going to lower it?

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been trying to find a cheap extra set of wheels so I can have a "black" set & a "chrome" set. Should just get my set black chromed and be done with it.

If I had the extra set right now I'd bring them down to you and have them spray them.

98RT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you said "The light brings out the metal flake". Did they apply a clear coat over the metal flake color ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude