Front bras

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone use these. I have only used a front bra on one car. Did the job well to protect from debris, but I did not like the scuffing on the finish.

Any thoughts?

Bruce

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the popularity of these has dropped off dramatically with the advent of the 3M and similiar clear bras.

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some pics of the Vinyl Bra on my 06 Coupe in my pic library. Although there were many negative comments given when I first posted the pics, locally I have had many compliments. I guess it's a matter of individual preference. The good news is that I have had no scuffing issues and the front of my coupe is pristeen.

:2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
R

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front protection

Ok, a good point was made abouyt the front bras with the advent of other 3M type protectors. What is sveryone view of them. I have not used them but had heard of them through my Cobra forum. I optied for something.

What is the best costing and does anyone knoe anyone that installs it in the Dallas Forth Worth Market?

Bruce

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Front protection

I use a bra but only on the highway as that seems to be where all my damage occurs. I have never had any issue with the bra damaging the paint. I won't use the clear bra as I don't like the lines that you can see - but that's just my opinion, others swear by the clear bra.

OP
OP
R

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So where is everyone buying them. My car is black so a black one would be good.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you can go to the dealer, my local dealer told me that the mopar bras are made by wolf, dont know if that's true or not but you could try there.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have had bras on 4 of my vehicles. Three Astro Vans and I now have one on my 06 Denali. They were all made by Colgan and they are the best bra on the market. Never any issues at all and this last one is really snug on the Denali had to put it in the dryer to heat it up to get it on. Pain in the a$$ but they do a great job of protecting the nose and I even have them on the mirrors for protection. Problem is they do not make them for the Viper. :( Now I want to protect my new 06 Viper so I need to decide on the clear 3m bra or another vinyl bra. When I was at VOI9 I talked to a guy by the name of Paul Brasil from a company called SPEED LINGERIE that claims they make the worlds finest bras and they do make them for the Viper. The one downside is I paid less than $200.00 for the Colgan but the price he quoted me for theirs was in the $500.00 range. But I think I am leaning toward Speed Lingerie for 2 reasons. 1. I have heard the clear can discolor after a year or so and 2. is I am not to wild about the line on the paint and the fact that you can't wax under it once it is on. The other protection issue is what can I do behind the wheels to protect from stone chip? :cool:

P.S. If anyone is interested in contacting them for more info their phone no. is 800-570-1579 and their website is www.speedlingerie.com. :2tu:

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many folks in my Prowler Club use the SpeedLingerie products and they are top notch. The difference is in the quality, thickness and you can have them created to match the car. In other words my Copperhead would have a matching Copperhead color front Bra. I have seen many with really cool designs on them rather than just a plain black Bra. Also, I believe they work ******* the ease in which the Bra is put on and off as well. Worth investigating....

Regards,

John