Front Chin bumper scraping problem

98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my 98 GTS home and now I am having issues with the chin bumper scraping. I am having this problem despite getting a rubber ramp fill-ins for the curb. I have also run into the issue of scraping it when driving threw my subdivision due to the U shape of the roads designed for rain evacuation. Is there a way to fix this via raising the front end so I don't break the chin bumper or anything else for that matter?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Has the car had any suspension work done? It seems odd that you would be hitting it in so many places, so almost sounds like someone might have lowered it. You could always buy adjustable coilovers to raise it up a tad though. Less typical for sure, but no reason you couldn't as far as I'm aware.

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might not be a permanent fix but at least it helps with the scraping. I purchased vinyl the same color as my car. Jacked it up and laid it on there. Depending on how you lay it you really can’t tell it’s even there. But it actually goes a long way for protecting it. Depending on how protection you need, this may or may not help. Just a thought!

Walter Clark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '94 had that problem in spades. It seems a previous owner put in shorter springs and I had very little front fascia and side exhaust cover clearance (4" or less to level ground) and I scraped on nearly everything that wasn't dead flat.

Before I realized it was lowered I made up kevlar/epoxy covers for the undersides of both the front fascia and exhaust covers. That took the abuse fine. Then I decided to go with coilovers and a somewhat higher stance (maybe an inch and a half below stock). Now I dont drag on anything.

You must be registered for see images attach

dosvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Viper chin guard from Viper parts rack. Haven't installed it yet so can't let you know how it works. You can see it on their website.

OP
OP

98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I will talk to my mechanic about installing the coilovers do you have a brand recommendation?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There are a few out there now. MCS is maybe one of the better **** for the buck ones out there (the former Moton people started the company), but they are still pricey and I'm not actually sure if they make gen 1/2 stuff or not. I think Aldan is one of the more affordable options if you are only interested in having height adjustable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets