Front Fascia Removal

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any DIY info out there for removing the front fascia, I searched for it but couldn't find anything on it

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I want to have it painted, I was thinking it would be a lot less expensive than having the body shop tape off the rest of the car.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I want to have it painted, I was thinking it would be a lot less expensive than having the body shop tape off the rest of the car.

They should want to paint it off the car, black is usually a good match.

Remove the front wheels
Remove the front upper part of the wheel well
Unplug the fog lights
Remove the double 10mm and bracket (fender to bumper)
Remove the 8mm bolts at the bottom of the bumper
Remove the 8mm bolts in the middle of the bumper (4)
Remove the 8mm bolts at the top of the bumper

With two people stand on each side of the bumper and pull the bumper over the lower part of the wheel well.

Done.

Be very cearful when putting it back on or the part you pulled the bumper over will mark the new paint.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think you would want to paint it on the car, you might get cracks in the paint if it flex to much on the re install. Some will say if they add flex add. with the paint when spraying it will keep it from doing that,but I have added it to bumpers only to have the paint crack out. Also if there is any color differance you will see it before it leaves. either way good luck!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carmen, you know how banged up mine is, since the car is lowered. I thought about getting it painted as well, but the I figured "what's the point"? Since mine is a driver, it's just gonna get banged up again!:D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a very simple removal. Easy DIY kind of body panel. If the above info doesn't help you get it done PM me and I will PDF you a copy of the manual or scan it. Very simple though. Hardest part I think is just the pain of taking off the front wheels so you can remove the wheel liners. You will need to buy from mopar the new rubber gasket that runs at the top where the hood comes down to the facia. It's 30-40bucks from what I rememeber. You can install it or have the shop put it on after paint drys. :2tu:

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm missing something in this thread but "did you check in the Illustrated Upgrades section?" I'm sure there are details in their for front fascia removal.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing in the illustrated DIY section for the Gen III+ fascia removal..thanks for the input guys

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing in the illustrated DIY section for the Gen III+ fascia removal..thanks for the input guys
Aahhh, Gen3 - good luck. :2tu:
Similar to Gen2 setup??? :dunno:
If you're lucky, they haven't used any of those dang awful fir-tree-fasteners. :crazy2:

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much beer do you want ;).....since you have the same amount of experience at removing the Gen IV fascia as I do:D

It would probably be better if I drank too

I have experience with removing the fascia on my Challenger, so I am one up on ya:D

I don't drink that Devil's juice of sin anymore, now I'm just an old PITA:lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang