FS: 03 SRT-10, 35k, $38k obo, trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not desperate if no one will offer him more for the car. What something is worth is what someone is willing to give for it. Not the other way around.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not desperate if no one will offer him more for the car. What something is worth is what someone is willing to give for it. Not the other way around.

A Viper isn't a "run of the mill" car that you throw up for sale one day and sell it the next. It's a very niche car that you might have for sale for while until the right buyer comes along. There's not exactly a huge market of people out there looking to buy a 2 seat toy right now.
I'm not being delusional and thinking the car is worth $50k, but if it's in even decent shape, it's worth a hell of lot more than $31k. It complete desperation in this case because he is having to dump this car in very short time period because he already put money down on another one. Like I said, this isn't a model that is bought and sold daily by the hundreds. To get a "fair" price, you might have the car for sale for months.

Forgetting the housing market crash right now, what if you had a $3M house and lost your job and HAD to sell? You're either getting foreclosed on or filing b/k, and the buyer knows it. The buyer offer $1.5M because he knows your in trouble and can take advantage of it. Is the house only "worth" $1.5M? No. Houses in that price range are usually on the market for months, but the seller has to sell RIGHT NOW, so he takes a huge hit in order to not kill his credit.

Same situation if you buy a new house before selling your old one, and you can only afford 2 mortgages for a couple of months. You're going to take take less for your current house than you would if there wasn't a time-crunch to get rid of your current house.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should you take it? You could have had it weeks ago. Thought you weren't going to give it away? This is why......:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

Believe it or not, 3 weeks ago, I had a cash offer in person of $34k, that I said no way too. Boy do I regret that!

That's insane to me. With the low cost of money right now, finance the rest of the Bentley that you were going to use the cash from Viper to cover. You're taking way too big of hit considering PedFed has something like 2% finiancing for 60 or 72 months.
Let's say you financed $40k over 60 months at 2%. Your payment would be around $700/month and even you never sold the Viper and didn't pay the Bentley off early, your total interest charges over the whole 60 months is less than $2,100.
It just makes no sense to take a huge hit (much bigger than $2,100) on selling the Viper when you're desperate, instead of getting a loan, selling the viper later (probably next spring), and then paying of the Bentley loan when the Viper sells. It will end up costing you a lot less to do it that way.

Just my $.02

I am not able to get financed as I have absolutely no credit, same with the girlfriend. I tried applying for a loan at a few places no luck without a cosigner and I do not want want to bring another person into the deal.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know where you are coming from. I was dead set against financing anything about ten years ago. When I purchased my first house, I found out how important "credit history" was. As you can see now, it's hurting you by not being able to get a loan, and having to drop your price that much on the car. I hope it works out, I wish I had the means right now to take that thing off your hands, it's the right price and you are not that far from me. Good luck

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading this I am taking my car off the market. This is a bad deal. I hope you get more than 31K for the car. Somewhat insulting IMO. FYI Tucker was right........ GLWS. I can spread the word to people I know.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I TOTALLY agree. An item is worth what the seller is willing to sell it for and a buyer is willing to pay for it. That is the definition of worth, in my mind. I agree with the other poster that if you are a seller who is willing to wait for the buyer who agrees with your price, you may get more money. Some people put a higher value on their time than others.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know where you are coming from. I was dead set against financing anything about ten years ago. When I purchased my first house, I found out how important "credit history" was. As you can see now, it's hurting you by not being able to get a loan, and having to drop your price that much on the car. I hope it works out, I wish I had the means right now to take that thing off your hands, it's the right price and you are not that far from me. Good luck

My parents just raised me with the concept "if you can't afford it, don't get it" so I guess I have sort of stuck to that and now its giving me trouble

Damn man!! I'd probably scrounge the cash and come pick it up for that price.

Come and get it lol

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to have an luxury winter car? I'm sure not everyone in snow states have Bentley's. Why not buy a normal type snowcar and not lose your butt on the Viper (just keep it)? If you want the Bentley overall more than the Viper, its a different story. But sodomizing yourself on the sell price of the Viper just to have a nice winter car? Not worth it to me. I'm not trying to sound mean, but when spring comes around and the weather is perfect, will you enjoy the Bentley or a Viper more?

Keep the Viper and find a nice Mitsubishi Evo or Subura STi for a winter toy.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to have an luxury winter car? I'm sure not everyone in snow states have Bentley's. Why not buy a normal type snowcar and not lose your butt on the Viper (just keep it)? If you want the Bentley overall more than the Viper, its a different story. But sodomizing yourself on the sell price of the Viper just to have a nice winter car? Not worth it to me. I'm not trying to sound mean, but when spring comes around and the weather is perfect, will you enjoy the Bentley or a Viper more?

Keep the Viper and find a nice Mitsubishi Evo or Subura STi for a winter toy.

I love the bentley, and actually as much as I hate to say it, like it as much as the viper :omg:

But if all goes as planned, will have an ACR for next summer, I've had gen 1, 2 and now 3, so its what I am missing!

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an offer of $31k should I just take it? I am considering it, and probably will do it. Not sure I can keep the seller of my bentley waiting any longer

I hate to say it; i would probably take it. There is a gen 3 convertible aroundhere that has been listed for 31k and hasnt sold. Its kind of sad

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the offer and move on. Waiting two, three, four months, etc for a few thousand dollars more (a possibility, not a guarantee) is really not worth it. With winter setting in shortly, only a person in a warm climate is going to most likely want to purchase a Viper now, and when the buyer pool is that limited, the inventory is abundant for a buyer. The car is a bit taste specific with the hood being painted and yes it would cost only a grand or so to repaint but what buyer wants to do that when, for the a similar price, they can get one that is stock without having creating a paint history on the car that they will always have to explain when they go to sell it. This car is worth low $30s, end of story. Only people that say otherwise are biased. Asking a Viper forum what your car is worth is like asking a homeowner what their home is worth. They are almost always biased and think their items are unique and worth more. Sell it, and move onto your next vehicle. Life is way to short to fret over the small things like this if the next car you desire makes you just as happy.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the bentley, as much as the viper

Sell the Viper and don't buy another one. You are not a Viper guy. Your last experience was a Salvage and this one.... I doubt you are of the Bentley crowd either. Good luck.

This type of sale just drives down the Value for all Viper owners. No matter how beat or rough this car is, people will say " I saw one for sale for $30,000, why should I pay more for yours?"

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This type of sale just drives down the Value for all Viper owners. No matter how beat or rough this car is, people will say " I saw one for sale for $30,000, why should I pay more for yours?"

I listed mine last week and heard the same thing a few times. They weren't comparing apples to apples either. Oh well i'll keep it and enjoy it next spring.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come and get it lol

Where are you located?? I'm in Canada so driving it back this time of year is out of the question. If you're close enough I'll start looking for an enclosed trailer and see what I can work out. I leave for Thailand on December 6, so I'll be working with a short time frame if the distance is do-able.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, 31K is not low. These things are going for mid to upper 20's now at auction.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located?? I'm in Canada so driving it back this time of year is out of the question. If you're close enough I'll start looking for an enclosed trailer and see what I can work out. I leave for Thailand on December 6, so I'll be working with a short time frame if the distance is do-able.

I am in. The Chicago suburbs

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, 31K is not low. These things are going for mid to upper 20's now at auction.

I can't believe this is common place. There had to be a reason a car bought that amount. It couldn't have been clean and no stories. if so someone got a great deal.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe this is common place. There had to be a reason a car bought that amount. It couldn't have been clean and no stories. if so someone got a great deal.

I would have to agree that this would be a limited occurance. I am a realist when it comes to values on here but to have a clean car at auction for that price is very rare. It would most likely have to be a high mileage example and or have a history.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would love to know where your getting your figures from, below is all the viper sales in the past month

**FYI the one that sold in Chicago had accident and paint hist, oil leak, bold tires, and a few other issues

You must be registered for see images attach

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should you take it? You could have had it weeks ago. Thought you weren't going to give it away? This is why......:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

My thoughts exactly. Dump it and close the thread. If you would have taken some of the earlier thoughts to heart, you could have had a little more weeks ago.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bmw2nv2000;30 14114 said:
Please inform me at what auction I can buy gen 3's for in the mid to upper 20k's so I can buy up at least three. I love to make a butt load of profit.

Wayne, those deals are not rare at all. I tried to tell everyone this weeks ago, and reality is slowly setting in it appears here.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What up tucker??
I still say if I can buy any clean title decent mileage 03-up Viper in the $25-29k range. In the srping I could list them on Ebay for $1 no reserve with a killer ad and killer pics and get $32-34k all day long. But I keep watch on some of the larger dealer auctions (its how Ive bought 8 out of 10 of my last autos) and the few times I see gen 3's roll thru I have yet to see these numbers. Guess I dont watch the right sales =(

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Gen 1 must be in the $10k range right now. Guess I'll sell my Gen 3 so I can get 2 gen 1's.
Guess I'll keep my run of the mill 13k mile brand new tire & rim $20k car, kid down the street still thinks it's a 100k car ;)

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What up tucker??
I still say if I can buy any clean title decent mileage 03-up Viper in the $25-29k range. In the srping I could list them on Ebay for $1 no reserve with a killer ad and killer pics and get $32-34k all day long. But I keep watch on some of the larger dealer auctions (its how Ive bought 8 out of 10 of my last autos) and the few times I see gen 3's roll thru I have yet to see these numbers. Guess I dont watch the right sales =(

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to the market with the Gen5. I think most dumping their car will soon find out that the new car is going to bring $125K, and all of a sudden, the Gen3 and Gen4's are going to be a bargain, which will ultimately bring the values back around. We may have a political change that helps as well. Things can't bring them any lower though, so I would hold on to them unless you absolutely have to sell.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Gen 1 must be in the $10k range right now. Guess I'll sell my Gen 3 so I can get 2 gen 1's.
Guess I'll keep my run of the mill 13k mile brand new tire & rim $20k car, kid down the street still thinks it's a 100k car ;)

Gen 1 and 2 cars are as low as they ever will be, with the GTS being the more solid of those generations.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 1 and 2 cars are as low as they ever will be, with the GTS being the more solid of those generations.

Do you own a Viper or u just trying to get a deal?
Because i just looked on ebay at gen1 and everyone that had a bid was over $30k.
In 06-08 when i was looking for a Gen 1 they were lower.
I wanted a Gen1 but after buying a Gen 3 Ive never looked back.

I've been trying to buy my wife a car for the last year, we have looking at suv's and they all are selling for top book only way to get a halfway decent deal is buy something that has been wrecked or shady. The used car market is up a bunch over years past, but I guess there was a memo sent out that Vipers are worthless dump them now!

My brother works at a Dodge dealer and he can't believe the prices people are paying for cars right now. They sold a 05 Viper with 30k on it this spring for $48k. So there are people that will spend too much on a Viper.

Also why is the Nada range $36-50k if $26k is all there worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21