FS: 03 SRT-10, 35k, $38k obo, trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you own a Viper or u just trying to get a deal?
Because i just looked on ebay at gen1 and everyone that had a bid was over $30k.
In 06-08 when i was looking for a Gen 1 they were lower.
I wanted a Gen1 but after buying a Gen 3 Ive never looked back.

I've been trying to buy my wife a car for the last year, we have looking at suv's and they all are selling for top book only way to get a halfway decent deal is buy something that has been wrecked or shady. The used car market is up a bunch over years past, but I guess there was a memo sent out that Vipers are worthless dump them now!

My brother works at a Dodge dealer and he can't believe the prices people are paying for cars right now. They sold a 05 Viper with 30k on it this spring for $48k. So there are people that will spend too much on a Viper.

Also why is the Nada range $36-50k if $26k is all there worth?

READ. Thanks.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is going to be interesting to see what happens to the market with the Gen5. I think most dumping their car will soon find out that the new car is going to bring $125K, and all of a sudden, the Gen3 and Gen4's are going to be a bargain, which will ultimately bring the values back around. We may have a political change that helps as well. Things can't bring them any lower though, so I would hold on to them unless you absolutely have to sell.

People are dumping their cars without knowing the first thing about the Gen 5 in terms of looks, performance or price?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Tucker do you even own a Viper??? And TT FGT's dont count:D

LOL. I have, and have never owned one; just have had a dozen or more very real dreams. But, my mommy's friend's husband's brother's nephew works at a Dodge store, and they sold one for $110,000, once. I understand being defensive of real world value, but no one bothers to read the OP's post. The OP was looking for a quick sale. Quick sale is deep 30's or high 20's with his mileage and modifications. Period. Sure it is worth more, but that is what a cheap sale nearing winter is going to bring. I personally would hold on to it until it warms back up, people see the new car is well into the 100's, and see that Gen3 cars as being legitimate 40K cars, BUT, if he needs to sell now, he is going to see 30K for it.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are dumping their cars without knowing the first thing about the Gen 5 in terms of looks, performance or price?

People are selling now due to the time of the year and fearing taking a bath when the Gen5 is released. I personally would wait. Looks have been reported as great. Performance will be equal or better than the Gen4, and price is pretty well known will be Gen4 ACR and perhaps then some. That to me would make all prior generations sell for more than the rock bottom prices we are seeing now.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO. Yep. Just what I told the OP. He'd be thousands ahead if he just hang on for a few more months and sell it in the sellers market spring time. And I couldnt agree more about the Gen 5 being well into the 100's along without knowing what it even looks like I see the previous gen viper going back up. Especially the gen 3&4's:D

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMAO. Yep. Just what I told the OP. He'd be thousands ahead if he just hang on for a few more months and sell it in the sellers market spring time. And I couldnt agree more about the Gen 5 being well into the 100's along without knowing what it even looks like I see the previous gen viper going back up. Especially the gen 3&4's:D
what's a couple of grand to a guy who is gonna be driving a Bentley during winter months in Chicago? Not much.....

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I've seen the OP's Viper for sale on AutoTrader. It's one of a few that I've been looking at, but my purchase schedule has been pushed back a little. I understand all the questions as to the OP's sincerity/reasoning of/for sale, but I would hope that the fine folks of the VCA would assist me in checking out this or any other Viper I choose to purchase in the future when it is time to do so. Don't think I want to go it alone on this.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold it for $30k a few hours ago. He came for 31k but after looking at it said the bumper didn't line up perfectly and the fender might have been repainted, I had never noticed it before so I felt bad that he came all the way out here so I took his offer. But he still go a steal. Oh and Chicago's first snow started, AS WE WERE TEST DRIVING THE CAR TOP DOWN! Got a lot of looks then.

But it is sold, and I will be back soon with an ACR Coupe :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on your sale :2tu:

now starts the "awe man i should have......"

pls post up pics of the bentley (and acr) :drive:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. All the drama, and 30K it was just as I said from the very first of many threads/posts. Congrats on the Viper Coupe, Bentley, or whatever is named next.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow 30k. That is really getting slammed. And your right, thats giving it away

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow 30k. That is really getting slammed. And your right, thats giving it away

It gave me the money I needed for my bentley though, and its helping me get me 3 years project finished :)

You must be registered for see images attach

SFTREKKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$30k for an 03 SRT10 with 38k mi is the kind of deal I'm looking for! For the past week, I came across two fraudsters, one guy who didn't disclose the car still has $24k lien and a broken stereo amp, one guy who sold his Viper to a latter party after me because he's local. More than the Viper, I'm looking for a straight shooter seller!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$30k for an 03 SRT10 with 38k mi is the kind of deal I'm looking for! For the past week, I came across two fraudsters, one guy who didn't disclose the car still has $24k lien and a broken stereo amp, one guy who sold his Viper to a latter party after me because he's local. More than the Viper, I'm looking for a straight shooter seller!

The busted amp, I can see as issue because it would cost you money to fix. Granted, if you're buying a Genn III for $30k, who cares about spending a few hundred to fix an amp, but what's the big deal about a $24k payoff? Most of the time you buy a car (in general), there is going to a leinholder on it. Sure, it's not as easy as buying a car that someone owns outright, but it's not uncommon.

SFTREKKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seller wants me to pay for the tax on the lien, which is about $2k. He also said I should expect to pay an additional 10% of the final price whenever I buy online.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seller wants me to pay for the tax on the lien, which is about $2k. He also said I should expect to pay an additional 10% of the final price whenever I buy online.

Should have bought mine, I had no lien or mechanical issues :) but I am sure you will find one, according to people on the this forum, well some particularly on this thread, $30k is an average viper price..

SFTREKKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, should've looked here first when I started looking for a Viper last Thursday. What a week it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21