Fuel System Upgrades???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have you guys done to upgrade your fuel systems? Has anyone tried the walbro fuel pump? I think I'm gonna try a big shot on the car and want to make sure I have plenty of fuel. I don't really want to do a fuel cell or propane. Can I solve my problem without spending a fortune??? :confused:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to upgrade the pump, not unless you are way over 600 hp. I did the Walbro upgrade, it is not easy, especially if you have a RT10. Just watch your a/f. You will probably run out of N2O volume before fuel. Most of the single line/solenoid dual sprayers can't go more then a full 200 rw without hitting the N2O restriction.

If you want to go more than 200 rw you will need a dual stage setup with more than one sprayer. If gas is the fuel it has to be in a dual sprayer (N2O and fuel tied together) to allow the N2O to atomize the fuel. If you talk to NOS they will tell you the best flowing sprayer has a max rating of 240 hp, however, that is flywheel and with everything else perfect. Remember most of these sprayers are for direct port application and you are typically spraying 8 of them

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using 10 of them! ;) Is it easier to change the pump on a GTS? Has anyone here done it? What's involved? I'd like to try that before I do a dedicated fuel system. You can find the Walbro 255's for a little over $100.