Fulfilled a 17+ year old dream today

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fulfilled a 17+ year dream today

I've wanted a Viper since I was 10 years old (1994), if not longer. My mom even ran across an old Christmas list of mine from that year where I listed a Viper as my dream car. :rolaugh:

I won the eBay auction for this 2008 convertible about 2 months ago, but it took a while for the loan paperwork to go through and then quite a while for Intercity Lines to fill up a truck headed out this direction. Man was it worth it though! :omg:

I'll post more pictures if there's interest, but for now this will do (I was too busy driving it all day Friday to take many pictures!):

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first read your thread title I was thinking something totally different. Imagine what that sentence might become if there was an "s" at the end of the word "old".

OP
OP
V

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I first read your thread title I was thinking something totally different. Imagine what that sentence might become if there was an "s" at the end of the word "old".

I actually laughed out loud. Yes, certainly a little different. :)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you and never thought I would be an owner, but after several Muscle car sales and 2 Viper Trucks I finally made the plunge. You have the best color by the way, but I am biased.

enjoy

Bruce

Last edited:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was much the same way. There's a hundred different cars I'd love to own, but 2 that genuinely struck me. Countach and Viper. Congrats.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratz! Beautiful car.

You should put that Christmas list your mom found in the glove box to show people every now and again! :2tu:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, my 17 year old dream was Christie Brinkley in the swimming pool from the movie Family Vacation but the Viper is nice too, I guess.

OP
OP
V

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. Hopefully we will meet up with ya on a few runs this year if the weather EVER gets better. LOL.

Weather was great yesterday and today! :p

But for sure! I met up with about a half dozen other guys from the Oregon Viper Club this morning. Sounds like they have lots of great stuff planned for later this summer.

-Alex

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Where at in portland are you? I grew up there and still visit now and then. If the weather is nice, I reccomend taking a trip up to Mt. St Helens. I have done it in a bike a couple times but never in a fun car. It would be a great day of driving.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I'm originally from oregon but live in calif now. i went to OSU and lived in portland a long time. going to OSU explains my color choice! ;) Yours looks great too.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've wanted a Viper since they first came out!! I didn't get one until 2007 and now I'm on my second one!! My other "dream" car is a Ford GT but every time I start to buy one I end up buying a Viper instead :)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 17+ year dream has been to have 2 girls at once... Yea, that way when I fall asleep they got each other to talk to... ;)

Congrats, Kid... :)

OP
OP
V

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Where at in portland are you? I grew up there and still visit now and then. If the weather is nice, I reccomend taking a trip up to Mt. St Helens. I have done it in a bike a couple times but never in a fun car. It would be a great day of driving.

Out by Beaverton.

St. Helens sounds like an interesting drive. Hadn't even thought of that!

Congrats. I'm originally from oregon but live in calif now. i went to OSU and lived in portland a long time. going to OSU explains my color choice! ;) Yours looks great too.

Nice! I went to OSU for a year for mechanical engineering before I realized I wanted to do something different and left. I'm still a Beavers fan though!

That is an awesome colored Viper. I think that orange is my second favorite Viper color after blue.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dude you are a shameless hijacker. :smirk: