Future Viper Colors - We Need Your Help!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm also a fan of the muscle car colors. If DC actually does something with regards to a HEMI in the Viper, be it a V-8 or a V-10, those cars should definitely be done in a "high-impact color"; such as Plum Crazy Purple, B5 Blue, Hemi Orange (Tor-Red), or even Deep Burnt Orange. Most of these colors could stand alone very well on the SRT-10. And, would definitely be enhanced with a good stripe.

Take care,
Paul :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steel Grey
Old Glory Red
My wife wants a triple blue SRT/10

Great post though, I’ve been saying this for years. These beautiful Vipers deserve some beautiful colors. 50% of the comments I get on my car are people saying the love the color. I bought this year just for the color. The year before abs even though I bought it in 03.

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about some options on interior colors also? Saddle leather, red, grey etc. Also with two tones along the lines of the Mamba. How about a pistol grip 6 spd. along with some of those old muscle colors. I had a Plum Crazy Challenger R/T, what a great color!

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
58 posts and 57 of them are anti Dodge. Why the heck did you buy one. To find a reason to complain??? And all of this in just a few short months of ownership. No doubt you have a wealth of experience with Dodges to base your critiques on. Not!

The reality is your own statements have pretty much sized up your whole anti experience. If you read the comments they send you in circles.

First when you first drove your "new" car (with 40 miles already on the clock) it immediately had a clutch smell and was slipping.
That sounds like the first 40 miles was the cause. Before you owned it. How can you say how it was driven during those miles (probably by a joyriding, clutch riding saleman).

Next you had encountered poor power but you replaced the clutch first, even though the check engine light was illuminated. Even though a quick read of the warranty indicates the clutch would only be covered if it had a manufacturers defect (course one was not found). Then you replace the clutch with an aftermarket because ONE person indicated it was inferior.

Then you finally had the catalyst and an O2 sensor replaced (I believe if I followed your posts correctly). So an O2 sensor caused the catalyst to clog. All the while the check engine light was off (because you would have had it serviced immediately if the light was on right?). Geez how much excess fuel has to go through before causing a clogged catalyst? Hmm, doubtful fuel would cause it unless it overtemped the catalyst. If that happened there should have been an inordinant decrease in fuel economy and excessive heat from the sill region, along with the check engine light, reduced performance, and possibly some nice black smoke.

So lemon yes. But the owner is the lemon, with honorary mention to the mechanic who replaced the clutch with a check engine light for the O2 sensor lit.

SpeedRacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody needs to put up a pole. I think that would help Fiona a lot.
For the record, I like:

Orange,
Lime Green,
Purple

DO NOT OFFER THAT STUPID FOREST GREEN AGAIN!! IT BELONGS ON AN EXPLORER, NOT A VIPER!

viper400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion would be to bring back some of the older color combinations for the convertible,such as the BLUE with the white stripes. I seen this color on a new Coupe at the auto show and it looks great. Just as good as it did a few years ago. I would also like to see the white with blue stripes.

As for a color they do not currently have a dark burgendy would be very nice.

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of the High Impact colors of the 70's:

Plum Crazy
Sublime Green
Hemi Orange ( or V10 orange )
Petty Blue
Sassy Grass
Lemon Twist Yellow
Burnt Orange ( similar to the new copper )

and while your at it how about bringing back the Bumble Bee/**** stripe!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
White with blue stripes looks good on this car.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite, silver stripe coupe 600 hp. No fries, to go.
I'd order today.

"Somebody needs to put up a pole. I think that would help Fiona a lot." SpeedRacer, I think she doesn't need that sort of help. Apoll might be useful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen